White Sox System Breakdown: Infielders

danman31

Gordon Beckham was a gem for the White Sox infield. He rushed through the minors and made an impact with the big league team not long after being drafted. Once Beckham graduated to the bigs the minor league system has lacked depth around the horn. Brent Morel and Dayan Viciedo (if the outfield experiment doesn't work out) are good talents at the top, but there are also some interesting names in the lower minors that could add that depth. Who else is worth getting excited about?

------

Who does everyone like among our younger infield prospects? Escobar is an easy pick, but what about the recent draft picks?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)

Gordon Beckham was a gem for the White Sox infield. He rushed through the minors and made an impact with the big league team not long after being drafted. Once Beckham graduated to the bigs the minor league system has lacked depth around the horn. Brent Morel and Dayan Viciedo (if the outfield experiment doesn't work out) are good talents at the top, but there are also some interesting names in the lower minors that could add that depth. Who else is worth getting excited about?

------

Who does everyone like among our younger infield prospects? Escobar is an easy pick, but what about the recent draft picks?

Like a lot of people, I like Saladino and think he could be really solid for us up the middle, but I'm keeping my eye on Rangel Ravelo. I think he was a 7th round pick last year and has drawn comparisons to Mike Lowell for his size and bat, hopefully he can stay at the hot corner, but probably will have to shift to 1B or corner OF as do most 3B prospects. I found this tidbit about him that definitely piques my interest:

http://blog.daily-times.com/smith/2009/07/...r_connie_m.html