Baseball Player "pun" Names

Rooftop Shots

(Wasn't sure which forum to place this in. It's an off the wall topic, but yet it's still baseball related. If it needs to be moved to The SLAM, please do so)

Anyway, couldn't sleep worth a "dink" tonight, so I thought that since I was up and reading threads, that I would start one that was similar to one I did a few years ago.

The idea is to take any baseball players name (past or present) and fit it into a sentence or quote to "punnerize" it (if there is such a word!!!)

Since the last one was a few years ago, a lot have players have come and gone, and a lot more Soxtalk mermbers came on board, so let's see where we go with this. Here's a few to get started.

I don't think that Jorge can do that! Oh yes! Jorge Cantu!!!

Does he drink beer, or does Harmon Killebrew?

If Roy Rogers wife is soaking wet, and Don Johnson towels her down, is that the same thing as saying that Don Drysdale?

If he wants to slide down the staircase railing that's fine, after all it is Floyd's Bannister!

There, you get the point! Yeah...it's pretty corny, but it makes your mind think in a "warped" fashion!

Let's DIG for some REALLY clever ones.

And Oh....no cheating by going back to the old version of this thread for ideas!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
So that chick smelled kinda funny, turns out she had a Rusty...

Oh nevermind.

Yikes! I guess that "Oh Nevermind" was the correct response!

As we now move on with.

Need a good Chiropractor? Try Wally's Backman!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
So that chick smelled kinda funny, turns out she had a Rusty...

Oh nevermind.

Sometimes, when I’m feeling a bit randy and naughty, I like to put on a trenchcoat, get my Garth Iorg, and then find a crowded street corner where I can Rance Mulliniks right there in public, with no one even knowing!

. . . . or have I misapprehended the purpose of this thread?

Went to a strip club with a buddy and there was one lady whose outstanding assets caught his eye. He eventually had to have a lap dance from her. So while I was watching this, I could see the those assets were drawing his focus. I, forgetting the no touch rule encouraged him with "Go ahead Jim, Palmer."

Wanted to visit a friend in Indiana. Couldn't which town he lived in. Let's see...St. John? No Valparaiso?? No.

Hey Michael, Cuddyer Indiana be the correct town?

Man, there are just too many dead people to be able to have all of these funerals at once. For loved ones to be able to view the bodies beforehand, maybe we ought to go outside and use Tim's Wakefield!