Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tendinitis is not an unusual event for pitchers in spring training, especially considering Jake went six months without throwing (live) compared to the usual three. It's why spring training is six weeks.'' -- Dr. Tony Romeo the surgeon who operated on Peavy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Jake has really done nothing to piss me off. I appreciate that he is working as hard as he is and wants to win so badly and I'm sure his teammates and manager do too. I just hope that karma pulls through in this instance and he can stay healthy. I think he will.

I'm with you on this. I would like to quote this post to prove your awesomeness.

It's frustrating... we all know we have this world-class starter on our favorite team, but the guy just can't get out there. It will be very rewarding if/when he is able to put some starts together and dominate.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
I'm with you on this. I would like to quote this post to prove your awesomeness.

It's frustrating... we all know we have this world-class starter on our favorite team, but the guy just can't get out there. It will be very rewarding if/when he is able to put some starts together and dominate.

Until he tore his back in half last year, he was doing just that -- dominating in his recent starts.

I hope he can get back out there and continue where he left off, sooner rather than later.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
Until he tore his back in half last year, he was doing just that -- dominating in his recent starts.

I hope he can get back out there and continue where he left off, sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I believe I was watching MLB Network where they always show the rankings in the background and JFP was like 3rd in the AL in strikeouts prior to that start.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Yeah, I believe I was watching MLB Network where they always show the rankings in the background and JFP was like 3rd in the AL in strikeouts prior to that start.

Yea - but he sucks. Always has sucked, always will suck, and will never again be healthy - now that we've heard about a sore rotator cuff - it is over. He's a glass piece of s*** ass hole.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
CST_soxvan Daryl Van Schouwen

Peavy played catch today, getting looked at by surgeon

Which has always been the case.

The surgeon saying yesterday that Peavy will be limited to 60 pitches - was saying so without even seeing him and based upon current circumstances. Things have changed in the last 48 hours and we could get some good news today. Who knows. :P

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Which has always been the case.

The surgeon saying yesterday that Peavy will be limited to 60 pitches - was saying so without even seeing him and based upon current circumstances. Things have changed in the last 48 hours and we could get some good news today. Who knows. :P

That same surgeon had another comment somewhere a page or two ago.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
A much more positive comment, no less... but I'm not digging for it!

It had something to do with ALL THIS BEING NOT UNUSUAL.

Yea, that's not in the doom and gloom realm - thus, people around here tend to ignore it.

Pthh

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Yea - but he sucks. Always has sucked, always will suck, and will never again be healthy - now that we've heard about a sore rotator cuff - it is over. He's a glass piece of s*** ass hole.

I don't think anybody said he sucks or that he will always suck. The fact is, though, that he hasn't been healthy for this team yet. And yes, a sore rotator cuff is pretty bad news. There is good reason to be angry at him for never being healthy, and plenty of reason to think that he's prone to injury.

And you know what, I don't appreciate you calling me out. You bring absolutely nothing in the way of baseball discussion to this board. You've been doing the same to J4L for the last week, and he's been on this board for years having logical arguments. I honestly can't recall a single post of yours that had any relevance or even more than barely made sense.

I'll probably get a suspension for this, but you honestly have no basis for mocking the posts of other people on this board when all of yours are pure garbage. You bring nothing to this board, and I imagine nobody would rather see your posts over those of J4L and, I hope, mine.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
There is good reason to be angry at him for never being healthy

not picking a fight, but are you f***ing serious? Frustrated, yes. Disappointed, yes. Angry? You think this guy has done something to bring this on himself? Blame management for bringing him in, blame Cooper for not fixing his mechanics (if that's even realistic) but getting mad at him seems pretty irrational. No, not seems. Is.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
I don't think anybody said he sucks or that he will always suck. The fact is, though, that he hasn't been healthy for this team yet. And yes, a sore rotator cuff is pretty bad news. There is good reason to be angry at him for never being healthy, and plenty of reason to think that he's prone to injury.

And you know what, I don't appreciate you calling me out. You bring absolutely nothing in the way of baseball discussion to this board. You've been doing the same to J4L for the last week, and he's been on this board for years having logical arguments. I honestly can't recall a single post of yours that had any relevance or even more than barely made sense.

I'll probably get a suspension for this, but you honestly have no basis for mocking the posts of other people on this board when all of yours are pure garbage. You bring nothing to this board, and I imagine nobody would rather see your posts over those of J4L and, I hope, mine.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
I don't care how much of a competitor Peavy is, or how hard he's trying to come back to be of value to this team. He's nothing but a drain on this team. Go f*** yourself, you glass piece of s***.

That can easily be interpreted as "he sucks"

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
not picking a fight, but are you f***ing serious? Frustrated, yes. Disappointed, yes. Angry? You think this guy has done something to bring this on himself? Blame management for bringing him in, blame Cooper for not fixing his mechanics (if that's even realistic) but getting mad at him seems pretty irrational. No, not seems. Is.

I don't give a f*** how irrational it is. The guy is paid extremely well to pitch and he never does because he's always hurt. I can't get angry at a shoulder injury or a torn muscle, but I can be upset at the guy who keeps having the injuries because he's not able to do what he's supposed to do. He's injury prone, I'll get him a box of Kleenex. I'll still be angry at him for being injured.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)

Milkman delivers...again.

And Curt Hennig remains dead.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
That can easily be interpreted as "he sucks"

Explain to me how he's not a drain on the team, then. I can't be held responsible because someone can't interpret what I said. I'm angry because I know he doesn't suck, in fact he's quite good. We just can't see how good he is because he's always on the DL.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
That's fine with me. I'll be the new devil of the board. I'm NOT being mean or whatever, but I don't give a s*** what Humber has done this spring or what he's added. He's hippos***. If this were the Cubs, we'd all be laughing. But since it's the Sox there's some kinda fake hope that he can be good. That won't work on me. If I turn out to be wrong, so be it. But the odds that I'm wrong are pretty low. Like really low.

:notworthy If Webster's ever needs an illustration for pessimist, they should give you a call. :lolhitting Why do you even follow the team? I'm convinced you're a troll with nothing but Cubbie pinstripes everywhere.