Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

Looks like by early next week - we'll have a much clearer idea about things...

Williams said the Sox would have a better idea of when Peavy might return by the end of this weekend. The target date still appears to be May 1, although Peavy seemed more reluctant to place a timetable.

“Things can change day to day when you’re coming off a major surgery and you’re feeling the stuff we’re feeling,” Peavy said. “What people don’t realize, and I know you guys think every day we’re telling you it’s day to day, well, nobody’s done this before. No one has a blueprint.

“Stephen Strasburg (who is recovering from Tommy John surgery) has a blueprint, and he can tell you what he’s doing three weeks from now. I can’t. I don’t know. We’re feeling our way through it with a lot of guys’ opinions and ideas about things. I know you guys get tired of sitting here every day and us piecing it together, but that’s what we’re doing as a staff and me as a player.”

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Some of you guys are trying WAYYYYYYY TOOOOOO hard to convince Sox nation that Peavy is just fine and everything is whip cream with fat cherries on the top. How about we just wait until Peavy is pitching in a game that counts and not post every Twitter message that comes about every 5.6 seconds?

There's nothing wrong with people posting updates on Jake's status. Get off your high horse. We all want him to get healthy and get back on the mound to help our team win.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
There's nothing wrong with people posting updates on Jake's status. Get off your high horse. We all want him to get healthy and get back on the mound to help our team win.

No f***ing s*** we want him to get healthy. But let's post some news of essence. I come to this thread to get legitimate updates. This is all crap right now. What's next? Peavy takes a dump without experiencing any soreness?

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)

Ignore is a beautiful thing.

Sorry, while I still think Peavy shouldn't have been pushing 83 pitches already or pitching sick, on the other hand I'm not about to get out on the ledge because OMG HIS SHOULDER IS SORE after he's pitched a few games!

Are you really that surprised? If that's the only "setback," I'd say: things are moving right along.

HOWEVER, don't push it--easy as she goes.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
Sorry, while I still think Peavy shouldn't have been pushing 83 pitches already or pitching sick, on the other hand I'm not about to get out on the ledge because OMG HIS SHOULDER IS SORE after he's pitched a few games!

Are you really that surprised? If that's the only "setback," I'd say: things are moving right along.

HOWEVER, don't push it--easy as she goes.

This is always the toughest question to answer with any patient. How hard to push it. When you are working out and trying to build strength, how hard do you push yourself? How much can a person take.

Peavy's injury was healed in November or so. Since that time it's been strengthening and working his arm into shape. It's like anyone who hurts themselves and must go back to a physically demanding job. They can strengthen and rehab all they want but how do you know if your back can handle lifting boxes onto a truck. You have to do it and see how you handle it.

The tricky part with pitching is that it is such an exact motion that you basically have to teach the muscles how to react again. Peavy was at the point where he needed to push it to progress. He was doing fine with results and there was no need to back off. Remember he hasn't had surgery before. He doesn't know what is normal feeling after he has been cut on. Now he knows what it feels like and he better listen to his shoulder and progress appropriately. If he'll do this is a whole other problem.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
No f***ing s*** we want him to get healthy. But let's post some news of essence. I come to this thread to get legitimate updates. This is all crap right now. What's next? Peavy takes a dump without experiencing any soreness?

Yeah, that post really contributed alot more value than quotes from the doctor, trainer, Peavy and the White Sox staff.

Ozzie on Peavy and 2011:

"Like I said from the first day of Spring Training, since January at SoxFest, we have to be really careful. We are going to go little by little because this man is very valuable to the White Sox for this year. I don't care about next year. I might not even be here next year. I worry about this year. He's very valuable for us if we want to continue to get what we want to get."

Really cool interview - 9 minutes of video.

Was just posted today... don't know if this is recent or someone just waiting until now to post this interview.

http://whitesox.baseballfans.info/video/ja...white+sox+store

edit: Eh, it was from when he first was traded over here. Not even worth listening to IMO. :P

Edited by hi8is