Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suck it up pansy

The insurance covers time spent on the DL.

Peavy gets 100% of his pay. The Sox pay 30%, insurance 70%. This is a padres business expense and part of the reason cash did not trade hands. the red is a guess on my part

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
And that is what we consider a setback. Now to further probe, does he pick up where he left off with the pitch count? Or does he start from scratch again?

I'd tell him to go fishing in Alabama until after all star break.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Oh come on now. How many of these pain related setbacks since the start of spring training? Three now?

And guess where he is still on track for? The first week of May. That was by far the most optimistic view coming into this season. Most of the dramatics dealt with the All-Star break or later.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Oh come on now. How many of these pain related setbacks since the start of spring training? Three now?

And how many people thought he was going to pitch before June? He was way ahead of schedule and is now regressing towards the original schedule.

As much as I'm not happy as to where the Sox are right now, dropping Ozzie and KW would be fool-hardy. Who is a better option out there right now for next year?

KW is a very good GM with a bad habit of dragging corpses from the late '90s/early '00s onto the roster. Over the next 3 years, the Sox will be rebuilding and repairing the Doug Wilder mess and will have prospects to use from the home system. Beckham and Sale are the tip of it. Mitchell and Thompson can't be far behind.

Sox fans are very short-sighted at times. How do you know that the grass on the other side of the fence is greener because it's better? How do you know that it's not Krylon and Astroturf?

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
As much as I'm not happy as to where the Sox are right now, dropping Ozzie and KW would be fool-hardy. Who is a better option out there right now for next year?

KW is a very good GM with a bad habit of dragging corpses from the late '90s/early '00s onto the roster. Over the next 3 years, the Sox will be rebuilding and repairing the Doug Wilder mess and will have prospects to use from the home system. Beckham and Sale are the tip of it. Mitchell and Thompson can't be far behind.

Sox fans are very short-sighted at times. How do you know that the grass on the other side of the fence is greener because it's better? How do you know that it's not Krylon and Astroturf?

Really? Jared Mitchell and Trayce Thompson are leading us to greatness now? Those two should probably worry about hitting over .200 in the minor leagues before we worry about them leading our Major League club. And Kenny is going to be rebuilding an organization through the draft? Have you paid attention to his tenure?

Now, I've been as big a KW fan as anyone but if this season fails, we really have no choice but to move on from both Kenny and Ozzie.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)

There are surely people out there who are better suited to rebuild a franchise. I don't know any specific people, as I'm not in the baseball field. Just because we don't know a particular person does not mean they don't exist. There may be dozens of qualified baseball minds readily available to take this team in a different direction. The job of the front office is to find these people and put them in a position to steer this team in another direction.

Not every new manager/GM has to be a retread that was driven out of another city.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
And guess where he is still on track for? The first week of May. That was by far the most optimistic view coming into this season. Most of the dramatics dealt with the All-Star break or later.

he still hasnt pitched yet and i dont think he will give us much all season

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
There are surely people out there who are better suited to rebuild a franchise. I don't know any specific people, as I'm not in the baseball field. Just because we don't know a particular person does not mean they don't exist. There may be dozens of qualified baseball minds readily available to take this team in a different direction. The job of the front office is to find these people and put them in a position to steer this team in another direction.

Not every new manager/GM has to be a retread that was driven out of another city.

So...we trust the franchise to make the right selections, but only if those selections aren't KW or Oz. Got it.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
So...we trust the franchise to make the right selections, but only if those selections aren't KW or Oz. Got it.

My philosophy is that this year is the year for them to prove they should keep their jobs. If it's a bust, then see ya to both of them. Let Rick Hahn become GM, and go outside the organization for manager and hitting/pitching coach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
My philosophy is that this year is the year for them to prove they should keep their jobs. If it's a bust, then see ya to both of them. Let Rick Hahn become GM, and go outside the organization for manager and hitting/pitching coach.

I just want to know what more (of the things that have gone wrong) could they have done?

Did you 100% honestly think going into the season that the defense was going to be bad? Nope, same defense as last year with a lateral move to Morel and a more experienced Beckham.

Did you 100% honestly think going into the season the bullpen would be bad? Nope, losing Jenks was probably a positive. Sale looked legit, +1 year experience for Santos, Thornton is Thornton, and Crain.

I just don't get it, what are Oz and KW to do when the team plays VASTLY below their averages? No gm or manager in the world can fix that, I don't see the point in stressing out over it.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
I just want to know what more (of the things that have gone wrong) could they have done?

Did you 100% honestly think going into the season that the defense was going to be bad? Nope, same defense as last year with a lateral move to Morel and a more experienced Beckham.

Did you 100% honestly think going into the season the bullpen would be bad? Nope, losing Jenks was probably a positive. Sale looked legit, +1 year experience for Santos, Thornton is Thornton, and Crain.

I just don't get it, what are Oz and KW to do when the team plays VASTLY below their averages? No gm or manager in the world can fix that, I don't see the point in stressing out over it.

Yes, this bullpen had huge question marks about their closer spot. I agree about the defense being a huge surprise so far. I would say that Ozzie's handling of the bullpen/offense has been worse than he's displayed in the last few years. The bunting has got to stop. Good post though jenksy.