Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
Seriously though, it's starting to feel like all of those Prior/Wood "simulated games" and "towel exercises" that we used to hear all about.

Same theory of building up strength as the simulated games but I prefer the Sox method of real games. The towel drill is just a mechanics teaching drill which most people don't subscribe to.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
I think a lot of you haters are going to be choking on those harsh words about Peavy. I think he's going to be effective by June and dominant by July/August.

I think we'll know long before that.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:14 AM)
I think we'll know long before that.

I sure hope you're right ptatc - having peavy debut in Seattle would be great - I'd love to be there to witness first hand :)

Fingers crossed.

For the record, I'm getting frustrated too, but the optimist in me is saying that a lot of this pain is natural and to be expected and that some of it is phantom pain or Peavy being extra cautious. It's like when you sprain your ankle and shortly there after you kinda land on it awkwardly, but not really that awkwardly, and you think you may have re-sprained your ankle but really that's just your brain playing tricks on you. Well I'm kinda wondering if Jake isn't feeling some of that and he's just noticing pain that he never noticed before - not that it wasn't there, but that he is more cognizant of it now - and is just being weary of reporting anything and everything and coming off when it isn't comfortable because he wants like hell to get back to Chicago to help this team win ballgames.

Of course, the pessimist in me is saying that the Sox will be 17 games back by the time Peavy is ready and he's going to be garbage and throw it underhanded because he can't throw it overhanded, but he'll strike out Butch Heddo and the Sox will make a miraculous comeback and only finish 6 games out for the division crown.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
For the record, I'm getting frustrated too, but the optimist in me is saying that a lot of this pain is natural and to be expected and that some of it is phantom pain or Peavy being extra cautious. It's like when you sprain your ankle and shortly there after you kinda land on it awkwardly, but not really that awkwardly, and you think you may have re-sprained your ankle but really that's just your brain playing tricks on you. Well I'm kinda wondering if Jake isn't feeling some of that and he's just noticing pain that he never noticed before - not that it wasn't there, but that he is more cognizant of it now - and is just being weary of reporting anything and everything and coming off when it isn't comfortable because he wants like hell to get back to Chicago to help this team win ballgames.

Of course, the pessimist in me is saying that the Sox will be 17 games back by the time Peavy is ready and he's going to be garbage and throw it underhanded because he can't throw it overhanded, but he'll strike out Butch Heddo and the Sox will make a miraculous comeback and only finish 6 games out for the division crown.

Agree add to that the whole drama about him not being vocal enough and pitching through pain last year, add to that that media these days is reporting EVERYTHING..

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Almost nothing, as the inning was over immediately. Just the same old fluff, really.

No surpise their :P

Damn the man. Damn FOX - damn the sox losing.

I'm officially putting a hex on us sucking so my a**

Jake Peavy threw at least 40 pitches in a Sunday side session at Comerica Park, and the intensity of his pitches nearly matched that of a regular start. Peavy felt great and had no issues, with a target of making a Minor League rehab start this Friday.

Peavy had moved within two starts of returning to the White Sox, before scar tissue breaking up caused him to leave a start last Monday for Double-A Birmingham after 15 pitches. A course of anti-inflammatory medication has helped quiet that issue.

Merk

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)

Anything under 80 pitches really doesn't matter anymore. He needs to do the side sessions between starts to build strength. However, until he has the strength to get to 100, there is no imminent return to the majors. It's all the process of building strength.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:08 AM)
I think a lot of you haters are going to be choking on those harsh words about Peavy. I think he's going to be effective by June and dominant by July/August.

This hater thinks we'll be 11 games out or more when he's ready and at that point, why pitch him?

I mean what purpose would that serve?

I'd put him in middle relief if we are more than 10-12 games out just so he can get comfortable again.

Looks like the May game in LA against the Angels is the best case scenario right now for Jake...

Humber will start again on Saturday against the Orioles and will almost certainly make another start during the White Sox series opener in Seattle on May 6. With Jake Peavy resuming his rehab work on Friday for Triple-A Charlotte, nothing is guaranteed to Humber as part of that rotation after that point.

Fastball was just clocked at 89mph.

Strikes out the last batter - going 5.2ip and now being taken out as a result of reaching his pitch count limit ( they didn't say what that number was )

It'll be interesting to read the following reports on how he felt, where his velocity was at, what the pitch limit was, and how his body responds over the weekend.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Fastball was just clocked at 89mph.

Strikes out the last batter - going 5.2ip and now being taken out as a result of reaching his pitch count limit ( they didn't say what that number was )

It'll be interesting to read the following reports on how he felt, where his velocity was at, what the pitch limit was, and how his body responds over the weekend.

-- White Sox starter Jake Peavy made another rehab appearance on Friday, pitching 5 2/3 strong innings for Triple-A Charlotte. Peavy allowed seven hits and three runs, but struck out eight batters while throwing 85 pitches, 62 for strikes.

"I gave up a few runs, a two-run homer late, but I made a lot of good pitches," said Peavy. "I couldn't feel any better stuff-wise. I thought I was much better than I've been in the past. I feel better than I have in quite some time."

"Hopefully, I have one or two more [starts] before I come back," said Peavy. "I'd like to go in five days, and I expect my body to respond. But I think Charlotte is off Wednesday, so I'm not sure. I'll just take it in stride. Maybe they'll send me to [Double-A] Birmingham. We'll see."