Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
Supposedly Jake's final rehab start is Thursday, putting him on track for a return sometime next week.

Can he hit?

I'll worry about his ability to hit once we're sure that he can still pitch, as I'm not even sure of that anymore.

Jakes not looking good - 5 runs in 1 inning.

Also, to me showed some discomfort during a visit to the mound - but stayed in... He might not have been hurting - but maybe rather pissed off.

We'll see - I'm guessing best case here is that he's got one more start in the minors.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
Am I the only one that forgets Peavy is a White Sox? Seriously, no hyperbole. I totally forgot he existed until this thread was bumped.

I'm not the type to say stuff like this, but I'll go a bit further than that. Until he shows he's earning that fat paycheck he doesn't even register to me as a White Sox... He said it himself last season...

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 6, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
I'm not the type to say stuff like this, but I'll go a bit further than that. Until he shows he's earning that fat paycheck he doesn't even register to me as a White Sox... He said it himself last season...

He's on the 40 man roster.

Had a very strong 1 - 2 - 3 inning in the 7th ending his night.

100 pitches

It seemed that from the fourth on he was out of the stretch exclusively. He retired everyone he faced except for 8 batters in the 3rd where he gave up 5 runs. His breaking stuff looked great at times and others, he hung some stuff. Fastball lacked movement and didn't see too have much zip on it.

In game interview coming soon.

Edited by hi8is

The in-park radar gun had Peavy mostly in the high-80 mph range, but he was clocked at 94, 93 and 91 several times.

"I feel good, as healthy as I have through the whole process," he said immediately afterward. "Throwing 100 pitches and getting up and down seven times was good. It was a good night overall."

Whether that transfers immediately into the majors is doubtful. But that won't stop the expectations from White Sox fans who badly need something to cheer about and look for the former Cy Young winner to be as good as he used to be.

"I certainly welcome any expectations anyone wants to put on me," he said, "because I certainly expect a lot of myself. "I can't promise anything, but I can tell you this: If I do pitch in Anaheim, I expect to win. I don't care how it happens, whether I throw five or eight or nine (innings). I expect to win. And certainly our team could use a few of those.

"I feel when I do get going I can be a difference maker, be a 'stopper' once in a while. … That's something I look forward to soon."

www.yahoo.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12

First you have to have a full 40 man roster to put someone on to the 60 day DL. I also think when you come to the Rule 5 draft you have to have everyone on the regular roster, that way you can't cheat and hide a couple of guys on the 60 day in order to keep a couple more prospects protected, though i can't find anything that clarifies that either way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
First you have to have a full 40 man roster to put someone on to the 60 day DL. I also think when you come to the Rule 5 draft you have to have everyone on the regular roster, that way you can't cheat and hide a couple of guys on the 60 day in order to keep a couple more prospects protected, though i can't find anything that clarifies that either way.

correct you cant have guys on the 60 during the rule 5

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
Jakes not looking good - 5 runs in 1 inning.

Also, to me showed some discomfort during a visit to the mound - but stayed in... He might not have been hurting - but maybe rather pissed off.

We'll see - I'm guessing best case here is that he's got one more start in the minors.

It's a rehab start... he threw 100 pitches with 6 innings perfect, 5 ks, 1 bb, high 80s low 90s.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...ml?eref=writers

One piece of good news about Jake Peavy, who has yet to pitch this season: The White Sox have insurance on Peavy, according to sources. One source suggested the team has already met its deductible, meaning it will begin receiving payments on Peavy if it hasn't already. White Sox GM Ken Williams recently defended the trade that brought Peavy to Chicago from San Diego two years ago, saying a No. 1 pitcher is imperative.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...l#ixzz1LaHO3tVM