Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Even as close as we got there, I'm certainly way better than I was," said Peavy, standing in the White Sox dugout at Safeco Field after Saturday's batting practice. "I feel quite a bit better now than in Spring Training.

"I'm certainly glad we had those setbacks, because I'm a couple months down the road and I feel stronger. I feel more in control. I hope that will continue to grow the more months I get out of surgery."

Scar tissue breaking up in Peavy's surgically repaired area limited him to 15 pitches during a Minor League rehab start on April 18, but he appeared to complete his rehab work in style with seven solid innings for Triple-A Charlotte on Thursday in Toledo. A five-run third-inning Peavy allowed to the Mudhens was even used as a positive for executing better out of the stretch.

"I got in the stretch and made awful pitches," Peavy said. "I threw the rest of the game out of the stretch (fourth through seventh), so it was huge for me to get in that environment, get fast, make bad pitches and then correct it at game speed.

"You can't simulate game speed. You have to get out there, you have to do reps against guys who are trying to get hits off you. So the other night I was glad that happened, honestly, because I got to understand what I was doing wrong.

"It hasn't been a smooth road," Peavy said. "There have been some times where we thought we'd be ready and had some letdowns. Now, we've crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is. Hopefully I'll continue to get stronger. I certainly think there's the potential for a lot more upside. At the same time, I'm as good and as healthy as I can get."

Link

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 8, 2011 -> 02:34 AM)
Who goes and who stays when Jake comes back?

Can you afford to release Tony Pena? I would take the gamble and keep Gray. Thoughts?

Hawk's made it pretty clear that they're gonna go "6 man rotation" for a while and see what it does. I'm sure Gray goes down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Hawk's made it pretty clear that they're gonna go "6 man rotation" for a while and see what it does. I'm sure Gray goes down.

That would be too bad, I've really liked the way Gray has played and I like the way our starters have been doing and I don't want to see their rhythm thrown off by adding another day of rest. Pro athletes are creatures of routine.

I wonder if the decision to hang on to Pena is a saving-face measure on KW's part. Hope not.

I like the 6-man rotation for the rest of the month. They only have this coming Thursday off, and supposedly pitchers do better on 5 days rest, so why not?

Buehrle- Sea, Oak, LA, Tor

Jackson- LAA, Tex, LA, Tor

Danks- LAA, Tex, Tex, Tor

Peavy- LAA, Cle, Tex, Bos

Humber- Oak, Cle, Tex, Bos

Floyd- Oak, LA, Tor, Bos

Then they can figure out what they want to do. Chances are the person to take out of the rotation will answer itself by then.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
I don't see Floyd going anywhere. Danks, Buehrle, and Jackson are less likely to stay much past this year; whether it's free agency or trade due to not re-signing.

If this team genuinely hits the "Full firesale" point, guys like Floyd are guys you have to move because they're the only ones who can bring back close to MLB-ready talent. You don't restock the minor leagues by trading away guys no one wants.

Has Peavy been with the big league club in the dugout much this season?

I wish in between minor league starts they'd have had him in our MLB dugout. He seems like a bad ass that wouldn't stand for some of the horses*** play we've had during the season-opening skid.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)

I wish in between minor league starts they'd have had him in our MLB dugout. He seems like a bad ass that wouldn't stand for some of the horses*** play we've had during the season-opening skid.

He's been with the club on quite a few occasions - both at home and away.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)

Everyone on the team would laugh at him. Guys who are on the DL and aren't playing are ignored especially one who has been out as long as he has. It's the "big talk from a guy who hasn't helped us" mentality. Once he si pitching for thebig club it will change though.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
I don't see Floyd going anywhere. Danks, Buehrle, and Jackson are less likely to stay much past this year; whether it's free agency or trade due to not re-signing.

If you could get a good young impact bat for Danks, I'd deal him right now.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 9, 2011 -> 02:45 AM)
Everyone on the team would laugh at him. Guys who are on the DL and aren't playing are ignored especially one who has been out as long as he has. It's the "big talk from a guy who hasn't helped us" mentality. Once he si pitching for thebig club it will change though.

I did think about that before posting what I did.

I guess big leaguers are too cool to get fired up in the dugout.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 9, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)

I visably saw him at games interacting with the players in a way in which I could deem, comradery...

It looked like there was no sour grapes or boysterious acts.

Hopefully Jake can fire them up with some ace like pitching - who knows, it IS possible.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Just saw Thor at the movies... and it was awesome.

When did Peavy have time to make a cameo in the film? It was pretty cool :lolhitting

Is there a set date for his return yet? I've heard the 11th?

I'd love to see Peavy throw lights out on Wednesday, but realistically I'd settle for 6 IP and 3 runs or less. I wonder if he'll have a pitch limit?

Edited by pittshoganerkoff