Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
The 2010 white sox had the 2nd fewest strikeouts in the AL. The 2011 White Sox have the 3rd fewest strikeouts in the AL.

It's hard to get a lot of Ks when you average under 30 plate appearances per game. :ph34r:

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
It's hard to get a lot of Ks when you average under 30 plate appearances per game. :ph34r:

Huh?

You get 27 outs/game unless it goes to extras. The White Sox record nearly the lowest fraction of those outs via the strikeout in the AL. The number of PA's you have doesn't affect the number of outs you record.

Edit: anyway, just checked, the Sox are in the middle of the pack for total PA's this season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
Huh?

You get 27 outs/game unless it goes to extras. The White Sox record nearly the lowest fraction of those outs via the strikeout in the AL. The number of PA's you have doesn't affect the number of outs you record.

I was joking. Making it sound like we average around 2 base runners per game.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
I was joking. Making it sound like we average around 2 base runners per game.

If you wanted to make a joke, you should have gone for the "They make up for the difference by making outs on the basepaths". That makes sense and is true.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
If you wanted to make a joke, you should have gone for the "They make up for the difference by making outs on the basepaths". That makes sense and is true.

Leave the jokes to me bucko.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 10, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Outside of winning the CY Young, his resume does not spell "ace" in my book.

1,459 ks in 1,469.2 IP with a 1.19 WHIP, 3.32 ERA and a .231 batting average doesn't spell ace to you? Jesus Christ.

If he can ever be healthy again for a given period, Jake will show that he indeed is an ace. That's a big if, of course. However, his resume is acetastic in my book.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
I don't even care if Peavy gets torched tonight. If he can go 5-6 innings without any major pain, I'll be satisfied.

It would be such huge momentum if Peavy comes back strong.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
It would be such huge momentum if Peavy comes back strong.

That's obviously the best case scenario. But I'm not even going to be greedy here. I'd rather see Peavy give up 5 runs in 6 innings than have to leave the game with 'discomfort' in the second inning.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
The 2010 white sox had the 2nd fewest strikeouts in the AL. The 2011 White Sox have the 3rd fewest strikeouts in the AL.

lol. If you think our guys are tough outs then you are entitled to that opinion. We've been all or nothing forever. I hope we turn it around this year, I really do, but part of me hopes Ozzie gets the team he wants one of these years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
That's obviously the best case scenario. But I'm not even going to be greedy here. I'd rather see Peavy give up 5 runs in 6 innings than have to leave the game with 'discomfort' in the second inning.

Agreed, it would be pretty defeating for all parties (well, except for the opposing team) if Peavy went down again with another injury.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 11, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
lol. If you think our guys are tough outs then you are entitled to that opinion. We've been all or nothing forever. I hope we turn it around this year, I really do, but part of me hopes Ozzie gets the team he wants one of these years.

Are you freaking kidding me? He has the leadoff hitter of his dreams right now. I'd rather see Jose Paniagua pitching for the Sox again than see a lineup full of Ozzie's "guys".

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
but part of me hopes Ozzie gets the team he wants one of these years.

You mean the team with Juan Pierre leading off and a rotating DH like he wanted last year? Yup, worked out great.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
Are you freaking kidding me? He has the leadoff hitter of his dreams right now. I'd rather see Jose Paniagua pitching for the Sox again than see a lineup full of Ozzie's "guys".

Ha, exactly, we tried it Ozzie's way and the team was just as inconsistent.

If he makes 11 starts before the break, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I don't think he will, but I'm not going to hold my breath on every pitch.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
So, should we start a poll asking how many games until Peavy gets hurt again?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
You mean the team with Juan Pierre leading off and a rotating DH like he wanted last year? Yup, worked out great.

That's the King Kong of generalizations. I hope you can see that.

Ugh. The minute anybody brings up the idea of having a team of athletic guys who work counts and take what the pitcher gives them it gets lumped into this "we already tried this (with s***ty players mind you)" argument. Ugh again. Why always take the OBVIOUS dead-horse argument out of the archives, ya know? Is it because it's easy? I dunno.

Do you people really think Ozzie wants JPs weak ass out there? Good Lord.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Ugh. The minute anybody brings up the idea of having a team of athletic guys who work counts and take what the pitcher gives them it gets lumped into this "we already tried this (with s***ty players mind you)" argument. Ugh again. Why always take the OBVIOUS dead-horse argument out of the archives, ya know? Is it because it's easy? I dunno.

Yes, Juan Pierre is Ozzie's favorite player in the majors. Last year, he said he'd bat Juan Pierre third if he could. As for saying he wants guys who work counts, that's false as well.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)

Ugh, dude, so how are we going to magically sign 9 hitters as you describe? Good Lord, you're living in a f***ing fantasy dreamland. Ugh again.

Let's give Ozzie 9 athletic guys who work the count by pulling them out of our ass, and then let's also start Free Blowjob Wednesdays on the main concourse.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)

Yes, I do. Just like he wanted Pods out there in '06 when he was sucking ass. Just like he kept overplaying Wise. Just like he was fine with Mark Kotsay and didn't want Thome because he couldn't promise Thome at bats. Just like how he refuses to sit Juan for a day when he's clearly been one of the worst players in baseball. Ozzie likes bad baseball players. Why? Don't ask me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
Yes, I do. Just like he wanted Pods out there in '06 when he was sucking ass. Just like he kept overplaying Wise. Just like he was fine with Mark Kotsay and didn't want Thome because he couldn't promise Thome at bats. Just like how he refuses to sit Juan for a day when he's clearly been one of the worst players in baseball. Ozzie likes bad baseball players. Why? Don't ask me.

Cause they resemble how he was at the plate?