Thomas likely to stay with Sox? He is a Sox in 2003

witesoxfan

Thomas signs new deal

Good...very good. Carlos Lee most likely will be traded in the Winter Meetings...and the next thing is is the fact that Thomas's old contract is finally out of the picture....GOOD...now I will never have to hear a word about the diminsihed skills clause or the revised payment right ever again...that along is worth it.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Problem is, C Lee for who? If I'm KW I offer Moyer a good contract, and then if he turns it down, spend it on Daal. Then trade C Lee for a good RHP BP prospect.

moyer wants 3 years / 27 million...i dont think our 1 year 2 million dollar offer will be acceptable to him:D

we need what we have needed since KW took the job..left handed power...would be nice to trade CLEE for a starung pitcher then go out and get cliff floyd..

hahahaha..i must be on some good drugs to think that might actually happen:o

That works for me...but if I were KW, I'd atleast make an effort for Colon or try to talk to him so we could reach an agreement and sign him long term...if there is no possible way to obtain Colon without spending the farm system or, in other words, giving up 2 great prospects, then either trade CLee for a prospect(s) and sign Moyer or Daal, as you said. Either that or else we can keep CLee...we would have to depend on Liefer or someone else brought in from outside the organization to play LF if we got rid of CLee...I don't think that is that great of a backup option...atleast bring in an Alex Ochoa type to play LF...he would add team speed and make the team's baserunning IQ increase by about 30 points, and that is only with getting rid of CLee!

Originally posted by baggio202
Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Problem is, C Lee for who? If I'm KW I offer Moyer a good contract, and then if he turns it down, spend it on Daal. Then trade C Lee for a good RHP BP prospect.

moyer wants 3 years / 27 million...i dont think our 1 year 2 million dollar offer will be acceptable to him:D

we need what we have needed since KW took the job..left handed power...would be nice to trade CLEE for a starung pitcher then go out and get cliff floyd..

hahahaha..i must be on some good drugs to think that might actually happen:o

Good drugs? I think those are some of the best in the nation!

Not necessarily...say he declines his option for next year for $6 million...and then the Sox decline their's for $8 million...then he is an unrestricted free agent...and something tells me he won't be...if he sucks this year, he'll exercise his option...and if he is good this year and declines his option, the Sox will exercise their option...there is virtually no middle ground. Thomas will be a Sox player for a few years...atleast till the end of his contract, IMO.

But yes, his old contract got thrown in JR's office fire place...but before that, it was used to light 3 victory cigars...one for Reinsdorf, one for Thomas and one for Tellum...and they seemed to have forgotton one for one poor lad's soul...I wonder who that could be? Maybe Ken Williams? Hmmm.....

Originally posted by baggio202

no he is not...but somebody will give it to him

I don't think so...maybe last year...what people don't realize is that most teams are not going to dish out the money that they did last year...a team may have signed him for that last year, but not this year...and teams are going to be skeptical of signing a 40-year old to a 3-year deal, don't you think?

He'd be lucky to get a 2-year deal...I can't imagine him getting a 3-year deal...maybe a 2-year deal with an option of some type for the 3rd year....that'd be the best, IMO.

At the most, he will sign for 2-years, $15 million with an option for the 3rd year...I don't give a s*** what he's asking for...he ain't getting that kind of money...makes me think his agent might be Scott Boras...anyone know?

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Not necessarily...say he declines his option for next year for $6 million...and then the Sox decline their's for $8 million...then he is an unrestricted free agent...and something tells me he won't be...if he sucks this year, he'll exercise his option...and if he is good this year and declines his option, the Sox will exercise their option...there is virtually no middle ground.  Thomas will be a Sox player for a few years...atleast till the end of his contract, IMO.

But yes, his old contract got thrown in JR's office fire place...but before that, it was used to light 3 victory cigars...one for Reinsdorf, one for Thomas and one for Tellum...and they seemed to have forgotton one for one poor lad's soul...I wonder who that could be?  Maybe Ken Williams?  Hmmm.....

a good pr move on jr part.