Why do we open in Cleveland?

Steve9347

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one who wants this to happen!

It's really not even crazy. The baseball season is ridiculously long -- probably unnecessarily long. Granted teams would never go for it since they would make less money even with the small crowds.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Two things that won't happen ... Cutting games off the schedule and more scheduled double-headers. Both are counterproductive to profits.

They could schedule the day/night doubleheaders, but the problem is it would probably have to be on a weekend and TV could be a problem with game 1, and they don't want to do it on Sunday either.

I say deal with the weather. It's two weeks of s***ty weather. It's also two weeks sooner that real baseball starts. If it gets postponed by a day or two, that's better than having it postponed by 14 days.

I also disagree with October not being a baseball month. I think October is a great month for baseball. I think November is a poor month for baseball. They should really be able to schedule the season so that, even if a series every round went the max, you can still get Game 7 of the World Series in October.

Also, the MLB season is really nothing compared to the NBA season. There are more games played, but there are like 8 months in total of the basketball season, which is a full month more than baseball. I find that to be excessive.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
At least Sale, Thornton, and Sergio are having some fun w/ this snow.....

http://www.csnchicago.com/03/31/11/Sox-Dra...&feedID=661

Don't hurt yourself boys!

It makes me nervous to hear those guys risking their arms throwing anything but baseballs. Please be careful! I was all for Mark tarp diving, but take it easy with the arms!

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
It makes me nervous to hear those guys risking their arms throwing anything but baseballs. Please be careful! I was all for Mark tarp diving, but take it easy with the arms!

I love this kind of stuff, honestly. I'd like to see as much as I can because I think we have some great personalities on this team and I like my players having personalities.

I also love the snowball remnants on the side of Sergio's head!

I thought that was great. Guys having fun with each other. If their arms cant handle throwing some snowballs around, then they don't deserve to be on the roster. It's not like they were throwing them 100 mph...they were just "soft" tossing it at each other. Build that Bullpen chemistry...boyyys.