Sox (2-0) at Cleveland (0-2) 4/3 @ 12:05 CSN

Texsox

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
It was bad, because it was in the air, but I didn't think it was terrible. A lot of times that bunt would get down, even with the 1 second of hangtime it had.

I couldn't disagree more. Bunts aren't supposed to be caught and if they are, they are awful.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
It was bad, because it was in the air, but I didn't think it was terrible. A lot of times that bunt would get down, even with the 1 second of hangtime it had.

A bunt that's still in the air nearly halfway down the 1B line is a terrible bunt by definition. Add on top of it that they have a known good athlete at 1B and it only gets worse.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
He's under control for next year. Why to the Sox have to operate like a small market team?

Because he's a lefthanded pitcher and will get Sabathia/Lee money in 2012 if he has two seasons where he strikes out 200 because of his age. JR would never give that amount of years and dollars to a pitcher.

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Because he's a lefthanded pitcher and will get Sabathia/Lee money in 2012 if he has two seasons where he strikes out 200 because of his age.

And maybe the White Sox wind up with 2 division titles on his left arm.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
Because he's a lefthanded pitcher and will get Sabathia/Lee money in 2012 if he has two seasons where he strikes out 200 because of his age.

Then one more year of his services plus the draft picks will be a lot better than picking up guys like Matt LaPorta.