Not a great feeling about the KC series...

macsandz

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Hochevar is garbage and Francis is a soft tossing lefty. I'd be quite surprised if they don't score enough runs - 4-5 at a minimum for both, and I'm expecting closer to 6-8.

White Sox= awful against soft tossing lefties.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
KC is a much more rounded out team this year... a bit under the radar. They could easily be .500.

Not with that starting pitching. I do like the potential of their bullpen. Aaron Crow's got a Marmol-esque slider. Jeremy Jeffress routinely hits 98 MPH. And Soria is the best non-Rivera closer in the game.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
What would be wrong with a split in KC? Nothing.

Come home 3-2, and have a 6-4 or 7-3 home stand. That would be great.

I'm ready to take 'em one at a time this year rather than think what we have to do in a certain series.

The past season and a half have driven me batty trying to figure out what we need to do in this series and this roadtrip, etc. One at a time, baby.

Oh, I agree. I hate when people say "at least we won the series". The regular season is 162 individual games. They just happen to be played against the same team 2, 3, or 4 games at a time. On the other hand, if you play 10 games at home, 6-4 or 7-3 doesn't suck.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
I'm ready to take 'em one at a time this year rather than think what we have to do in a certain series.

The past season and a half have driven me batty trying to figure out what we need to do in this series and this roadtrip, etc. One at a time, baby.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
No.

If there are 3 other .500 teams in the Central, the Royals won't be able to pile up enough wins to get to .500. One of the 3 big spending teams in the Central would have to implode and go for 65-70 wins. If that happened, I could see the Royals creeping into 3rd place and pushing up towards .500 at the end of the year if they're bringing pitchers along.

I think a simple way to say it is "If Justin Verlander gets hurt, the Royals have a shot at being a .500 team".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
If there are 3 other .500 teams in the Central, the Royals won't be able to pile up enough wins to get to .500. One of the 3 big spending teams in the Central would have to implode and go for 65-70 wins. If that happened, I could see the Royals creeping into 3rd place and pushing up towards .500 at the end of the year if they're bringing pitchers along.

I think a simple way to say it is "If Justin Verlander gets hurt, the Royals have a shot at being a .500 team".

Yeah I'm thinking they won't be a .500 team but last year the AL East had 4 teams over .500 and the NL West was really close to haveing 4 over .500. We won't see the AL Central getting 4 over .500 for a long time, if ever. KC would have to go on a killing spree against the AL East or West which I don't see happening.

People are saying this series isn't a big deal and we'll sweep them or if we split, who cares. I don't think this series is that big of a deal, but what happens if KC wins both games? Craziness around here!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
He's the left handed LineSTINK.

And they should change your title on here from MVP to Ohman Lover. :P

I actually haven't seen him pitch yet. But I'm all for giving a guy more than 3 games to get comfortable. First time pitching with this team for real, cold.. give him at least 2 weeks.

But if I were to have my title changed, it would have to be to "B. Anderson Lover," as he was my first-s***ty-Sox-player mancrush.

All I know is that if the Indians can torch Ohman, then the Royals can as well. He is easily the new linebrink he should never be in a game unless its a 10 run game either way. Im glad Ozzie is learning this now vs in a pennant race in July. Ohman is bad and cannot be trusted.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
All I know is that if the Indians can torch Ohman, then the Royals can as well. He is easily the new linebrink he should never be in a game unless its a 10 run game either way. Im glad Ozzie is learning this now vs in a pennant race in July. Ohman is bad and cannot be trusted.

Well you can't totally hide him. Especially when you already have Humber and Pena taking up space. Not to mention two relatively inexperienced guys in Sale and Santos. You have to use him correctly. He's a loogy and nothing but a loogy. And low-leverage situations should be the norm. And, yes, you'd love to throw him out there when you're either blowing a team out or getting blown out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
KC is a much more rounded out team this year... a bit under the radar. They could easily be .500.

Bruce Chen is going to start games for the Royals. Alex Gordon hits in the 3-hole. Chris Getz and Alicdes Escobar are going to get 300 ABs each. Jeff f***ing Francoeur is playing RF.

Kansas City is going to be in a dogfight for last place.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
Bruce Chen is going to start games for the Royals. Alex Gordon hits in the 3-hole. Chris Getz and Alicdes Escobar are going to get 300 ABs each. Jeff f***ing Francoeur is playing RF.

Kansas City is going to be in a dogfight for last place.

All you really had to say was Jeff Francouer and Jason Kendall. And just think, if not for the Greinke trade, Yuniesky Betancourt would still be starting. That would be arguably the three worst every day players in baseball on the same team. KC better hope their farm is good as, well, the entire baseball world thinks it is.