Adam Dunn had emergency appendectomy last night.

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
This early in the season? I could see towards the middle of the season, but not this early. Konerko probably wants to get in a rhythm and start the year off right.

I think it's way too early to be talking about rest.

If Konerko doesn't want the rest, then give him 1 day at DH whether he likes it or not and DH teahen the other 2.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
@Buster_ESPN From the White Sox, some better news on Dunn: He will be out up to five days; he had a laparoscopic procedure, and will travel with the team

Well, minimally invasive is a good thing. Hopefully he just misses the Tampa series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
So, for whenever Pt stumbles in here...

Why would one appendix removal knock a guy out for 3 weeks and another would knock a guy out for 5 days?

As an appendectomy survivor (the day before AJP's awesome 9th inning homer off of Dempster), it's all about what type of surgery you have. If it's laproscopic, then the recover is way faster than if they have to open you up the old fashion way. With athletes, they almost always do laproscopic now. I still think it will be 7-10 day recovery for Dunn. Good news is we do face two lefties the next two days, so Free Lastings!

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
Man, I've gradually lost more and more faith in this team and the idea that this is our year everyday since opening day. I know, weird.

Same here. I hate our bullpen and Ozzie.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
Get better Dunn and guys, this isn't something to panic about. We are 4 games into the season.

I'm just pissed I don't get to see Dunn on Saturday. That is all. The Sox won 88 games last year sans a DH, so 5-10 more won't kill us.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Same here. I hate our bullpen and Ozzie.

It's just that everything seems to have gone downhill since they went up 14-0 in the first game. I went into the season really expecting something special (for a huge change), now I'm back to thinking this is just going to be another disappointing year.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
It's just that everything seems to have gone downhill since they went up 14-0 in the first game. I went into the season really expecting something special (for a huge change), now I'm back to thinking this is just going to be another disappointing year.

john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

Sweet f***ing Christ, back off from the ledge everyone. We haven't even played a f***ing home game yet. We lost a game in extras last night and now Dunn is out 5-10 and you'd think the season was already over and we had the worst bullpen in the history of the game.

So are you not "All In" anymore?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Sweet f***ing Christ, back off from the ledge everyone. We haven't even played a f***ing home game yet. We lost a game in extras last night and now Dunn is out 5-10 and you'd think the season was already over and we had the worst bullpen in the history of the game.

:headbang

Are you trying to replace me as Soxtalk's prince of darkness? My title that I won fair and square will not be so easily attainable. But damn, I'm not even trippin' after four games. lol. At least wait a month or so. If we're mediocre to bad, I will unleash my fury like this killer baboon did in this movie I watched last night:

Shakma.jpg

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Wow really?...some people have no patience. There is still 98% of the season left. The sox will more than likely have a stretch or two worse than these last "2 GAMES"

It's been more than these two games. They gave up 10 in the opener and the bullpen has been terrible. The only thing that's keeping me off of the ledge is the fact that pitching is down throughout the league.

I never jumped off of a ledge. I just said that all of the extra optimism I had is dwindling quickly. It's just looking like every other year where we have either pitching or offense, but neither at the same time.

Well, it's too late to fold....WE'RE ALL IN!!!!

:D