2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say no shot because Ive seen far more unlikely things occur in basketball than a solid program getting lucky at UNC.

But its a very small shot, and it involves a lot of things having to go Wisconsin's way, including UNC developing some sort of flu.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
I wouldnt say no shot because Ive seen far more unlikely things occur in basketball than a solid program getting lucky at UNC.

But its a very small shot, and it involves a lot of things having to go Wisconsin's way, including UNC developing some sort of flu.

The problem is that it is at UNC, which hurts Wisconsin a ton. If they got the home court and were able to use their bball which no other team uses, they'd have an ok shot.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Someone in the Big 10 had to be the sacrificial lamb for UNC, I'm just glad it wasn't Illinois.

I don't think Michigan would beat UNC but it would be a fun match up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
GOnna be tough without your best player.

Damn. I didn't see that Morris declared. Dumb. He and Richmond can play together over seas.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Damn. I didn't see that Morris declared. Dumb. He and Richmond can play together over seas.

Very dumb, but good for the other teams in the conference. With him, UM is a top tier team in the B10 IMO.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
Someone in the Big 10 had to be the sacrificial lamb for UNC, I'm just glad it wasn't Illinois.

Yeah, if Hairston is as good as everybody says he is and shores up their one weakness from last year, they will only lose 2 or 3 games all year. Plus adding McAdoo to that front line...they are going to a frightening team.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Yeah, if Hairston is as good as everybody says he is and shores up their one weakness from last year, they will only lose 2 or 3 games all year. Plus adding McAdoo to that front line...they are going to a frightening team.

I was really impressed by him in the McD game.

Northern Illinois got Niles North star Abdel Nader to commit. I saw Nader play a few times and even talked to him once. He's a tall and extremely athletic player that looked like Lebron in the NBA against these high schoolers. He was bigger, stronger, faster and could jump higher. He's not going to dominate as a freshman, but he took Niles North to a sectional final. I think that says enough about how big of a coup this guy is for NIU.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
Northern Illinois got Niles North star Abdel Nader to commit. I saw Nader play a few times and even talked to him once. He's a tall and extremely athletic player that looked like Lebron in the NBA against these high schoolers. He was bigger, stronger, faster and could jump higher. He's not going to dominate as a freshman, but he took Niles North to a sectional final. I think that says enough about how big of a coup this guy is for NIU.

Eh. I saw him a couple of times and wasn't all that impressed.

If he looked like Lebron against high school kids, he wouldn't be going to NIU. He has a bad attitude at times and sometime plays to get his. Very athletic and a nice get for NIU but don't expect miracles.

Nader played on the Indiana Elite team with 5 IU commits, (3 healthy right now). Two of the three commits are 5 stars and the other is just outside 5 star status, and Nader was a freakin' blackhole. He chucked up 20 shots a game and didn't pass at all. Finally, he quit the team and now IE is playing really well. Not sure where Nader ended up.

SEC/Big East Invitational schedule of games (teams in bold are my early predictions)

Thursday, Dec. 1

St. John’s at Kentucky

Georgetown at Alabama

Providence at South Carolina

Mississippi at DePaul

Friday, Dec. 2

Vanderbilt at Louisville

Florida at Syracuse

Cincinnati at Georgia

Auburn at Seton Hall

Saturday, Dec. 3

Arkansas at Connecticut

Pittsburgh at Tennessee

West Virginia at Mississippi State

LSU at Rutgers

Some odd matchups. Would have liked to see UConn get UK or Vandy instead of Arkansas.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Some odd matchups. Would have liked to see UConn get UK or Vandy instead of Arkansas.

No s***, instead of two really solid games with UK and Alabama playing Pitt and UConn you get four relatively one-sided games. Not smart scheduling.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Eh. I saw him a couple of times and wasn't all that impressed.

If he looked like Lebron against high school kids, he wouldn't be going to NIU. He has a bad attitude at times and sometime plays to get his. Very athletic and a nice get for NIU but don't expect miracles.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the Lebron reference. I just mean he plays a similar style and has the athleticism to pull it off. He's not a great shooter, but I saw him drop 40+ on a pretty good team this year. Attitude is a possible problem, but I think the reason he's not going to a better school is because of grades. He originally was going to New Mexico, but then said he was going to prep school and now the concern is if he'll qualify for NIU.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:25 AM)
Maybe I shouldn't have used the Lebron reference. I just mean he plays a similar style and has the athleticism to pull it off. He's not a great shooter, but I saw him drop 40+ on a pretty good team this year. Attitude is a possible problem, but I think the reason he's not going to a better school is because of grades. He originally was going to New Mexico, but then said he was going to prep school and now the concern is if he'll qualify for NIU.

A player like that will clean up in the MAC.