2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Congratulations to Demetri McCamey and Jereme Richmond. You got to 4th and 9th best respectively on Jay Bilas' "Best Available."

So much for those of you that thought someone would for sure gamble on Richmond.

Wear it, Jereme.

It's such a waste. I just wonder how they would have turned out had they, you know, gave a s***.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 07:33 AM)
LOL at the Jereme Richmond era. After all the hype, all the talk, we got one season, about 7 games started, two DNP-CDs in the NCAA tournament, and he went undrafted. Classic.

Yeah, total bust. Shows you talent only goes so far, you have to want it to succeed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
Does that mean Weber has still never recruited, as a head coach, a player that got drafted in the NBA?

Yes sir. And while he has had his recruiting issues in the past, I think this overall fact is more a byproduct of his inability to get maximum effort out of the talented players he does get to play for him. Bruce has shown he can get the Chester Frazier and Bill Cole types to give maximum effort, but not the Demetri McCamey and Jereme Richmond players of the world.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Come on, would anyone have got a maximum effort out of Jereme Richmond? Guy is an ass bag, plain and simple. That's not a good example.

Agreed on Richmond. The guy missed workouts for NBA teams. If you can't show up for what are essentially job interview you are hopeless. There might not be a coach on the planet that can get through to him.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 05:54 AM)
I started at ISU in Terre Haute, and am now at Purdue in West Lafayette. Nothing beats the Terre Haute smell. In the summer, you can't even go outside. West Lafayette is a hellhole though. Just keep telling myself one more year....

I don't know if I ever recall the sun shining when in Terre Haute. Have only been to West Lafayette once just for a weekend so I didn't get to see enough to compare.

On a somber note, 2013 Michigan verbal Austin Hatch and his family were in plane that crashed last night. His parents were killed and he was critically injured. They were from Ft. Wayne and he went to Canterbury. Strangely and sadly enough, this is the 2nd plane crash Hatch has been in, the last being in 2003.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
On a somber note, 2013 Michigan verbal Austin Hatch and his family were in plane that crashed last night. His parents were killed and he was critically injured. They were from Ft. Wayne and he went to Canterbury. Strangely and sadly enough, this is the 2nd plane crash Hatch has been in, the last being in 2003.

I hope this kid survives and is OK, but I think after the first plane crash that killed my mom and two siblings, I think I would stay the heck away from those little planes.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Come on, would anyone have got a maximum effort out of Jereme Richmond? Guy is an ass bag, plain and simple. That's not a good example.

Did anyone see the article in Sunday's Trib? Richmond's uncle calls out Jerrence Howard and NBA scouts. claiming that Richmond is better than Irving. Richmond's dad has been playing damage control since then.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
Did anyone see the article in Sunday's Trib? Richmond's uncle calls out Jerrence Howard and NBA scouts. claiming that Richmond is better than Irving. Richmond's dad has been playing damage control since then.

Ugh. Those are the kind of people that ruin their kids lives.

Yea, Hatch's first crash killed his biological mom and 2 siblings. The second killed the rest of his family. They are bringing him out of his coma state today. Also just got word that they found the family dog, who was also aboard the plane, 15 miles away from the crash site. The vet that found him will be bringing him to Austin today. Miraculous the dog is okay.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)

My prayers are with the kid, what a horrible tragedy.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
Yea, Hatch's first crash killed his biological mom and 2 siblings. The second killed the rest of his family. They are bringing him out of his coma state today. Also just got word that they found the family dog, who was also aboard the plane, 15 miles away from the crash site. The vet that found him will be bringing him to Austin today. Miraculous the dog is okay.

Jeez, that's horrible. I feel so bad for that kid.

Richmond's father trying to save things:

"Jereme doesn't feel that way about the process, Illinois or Jerrance Howard," Bill Richmond said. "We love Jerrance. He's like a friend to me, he really is. He's a good guy and he's never done anything but try and help our kid get to where he wanted to go."

"They were incredible in their efforts to help Jereme to reach his potential and his goal. I will forever support the University of Illinois," Bill Richmond said. "Bruce Weber is the consummate coach that everybody says he is. He's a good person. He is absolutely one of the best people I ever met in my life."

• 2 weeks later...

I think he'll end up at UNC. Seems Maryland and UConn are bending the rules a bit and contacting him maybe a little too much.

Saw Shabazz Wednesday vs the Indiana Elite... Trust me, there's not a better player in the country. He's better than Rivers and is NBA ready right now. Will be an absolute star in the pros.