2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I havent watched every second of their games this year, but has Weber tried to run a 2-3 zone defense yet?

Against either Richmond or Illinois State he pulled out either a 2-3 or a 1-3-1. Lasted about 2 minutes and I think it was just until he could get some fresh guys in the game.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Against either Richmond or Illinois State he pulled out either a 2-3 or a 1-3-1. Lasted about 2 minutes and I think it was just until he could get some fresh guys in the game.

I dont understand why he wouldnt use a 2-3 matchup at times. It would favor his young squad and keep people out of the paint with a big shot blocker.

oh and this guy thinks coach K is full of s***, and the Big Ten is the best conference in america

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball...lege-basketball

How many times did they say Cody Zeller during this game? I only caught the last 5 minutes, and i think they thought he was playing. Even Anthony Davis at the end of the game... "UNC has some good players in Jon Henson and Cody Zeller"... it's not that hard....

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
How many times did they say Cody Zeller during this game? I only caught the last 5 minutes, and i think they thought he was playing. Even Anthony Davis at the end of the game... "UNC has some good players in Jon Henson and Cody Zeller"... it's not that hard....

Its got to be hard to root for that ugly bastard.

There was probably a minimum of 8 draft picks in that game today, just awesome talent all around. Anthony Davis is a beast.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)

I wish. Tyler has stonehands. Cody is already as good as his brother.

Great game overall, Roy just blew it again with horrendous subs and no timeouts as usual. He's unbelievably frustrating to watch. Fantastic recruiter, good game preparation, but completely over his head during games.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
Both teams are incredible. Hope we can give UK a game next week. I think Teague will get rattled by the crowd. He's going to try to do too much trying to put it to us.

You have to stop Gilchrist and Davis to stop UK. A very tough feat.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Nice comeback for Xavier on Purdue. Down 16 late in the second half and Holloway went nuts from 3. I noticed that Holloway carries the ball on every dribble though. I wish they would call that.

If they called that, there'd be 100 turnovers a game. Brandon Paul was doing it all day in the Illinois game, and I was happy they didn't call it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
If they called that, there'd be 100 turnovers a game. Brandon Paul was doing it all day in the Illinois game, and I was happy they didn't call it.

I understand that, but players wouldn't do it if they weren't allowed to. It just looks ugly to me.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
That's getting it done right there. Nice game.

However Griffey please stop chucking threes.

He only took three, i'm fine with that. Normally he's good for one a game.

Great win. This is starting to look a pretty good team. They're not going to run you out of the gym, but they never give up and they continue making plays. So far I think every run another team has had they've met and overcome, a very good sign.

Also, while I love Leonard's potential (15 foot fadeaways from a 7'1" guy, seriously?), he needs to get his head out of his ass and just play the game. He's far too concerned with the refs or showboating to the crowd. It's becoming a trend in just about every game so far.

It's not his game. He took a ton against Maryland too. He seems to just get it there and shoot it regardless of how much time is on the clock or if he can dribble drive or pass off it. Don't need him shooting threes until he gets his one a game, not worth it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Illinois playing well against Gonzaga, as Richardson's rebounded from his terrible season last year. The Zags defense is awful...no one gets less from more than Few.

I'm going to go the other way on that. This is the 4th Gonzaga game I've watched and this game was the worst they've looked by far in my opinion.....and could've still easily won it. Only December though, a lot can happen for both teams.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
I'm going to go the other way on that. This is the 4th Gonzaga game I've watched and this game was the worst they've looked by far in my opinion.....and could've still easily won it. Only December though, a lot can happen for both teams.

They haven't beaten anyone good though coming into tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
They haven't beaten anyone good though coming into tonight.

My view of the game is probably skewed because I was flipping back and forth between football and this game haha. But Illinois' post players seemed to do a great job all around when I was watching. Pretty sure Gonzaga hasn't gone up against size like that all year.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)

How could they have easily won it? Illinois was in control the entire 2nd half even with every one of their big men being in foul trouble.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Don't kill the messenger if nothing happens but heard Calipari about to get into more hot water. Something big that has IHSA and high school associations around the country scrambling.

Pat Forde article.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
How could they have easily won it? Illinois was in control the entire 2nd half even with every one of their big men being in foul trouble.

They missed easy shots/layups in the paint. Plus only going 18/27 from the line. They usually do a better job from the free throw line.

Also seemed like everytime Gonzaga had a run and cut it within 2 or so, Illinois answered back with a run of their own.

Edited by WilliamTell