2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
They missed easy shots/layups in the paint. Plus only going 18/27 from the line. They usually do a better job from the free throw line.

Also seemed like everytime Gonzaga had a run and cut it within 2 or so, Illinois answered back with a run of their own.

I agree with this, but it's also cause the Zags played zero defense. They left Richardson wide open when Illinois had 3 players on the court that couldn't shoot.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 05:52 PM)
I agree with this, but it's also cause the Zags played zero defense. They left Richardson wide open when Illinois had 3 players on the court that couldn't shoot.

Definitely. They will have to work on defense all around if they want a shot at winning a game or two the NCAA tournament.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
I think Luka Mirkovic is a double agent working against Northwestern. Man he sucks.

That was depressing to watch. It was amazing to me that Northwestern was favored in this game and they literally had 0 shot, just outclassed, Mirkovic must have had like 932432424232 shots blocked, extreme athleticism mismatch.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
I think Luka Mirkovic is a double agent working against Northwestern. Man he sucks.

Pretty much everyone sucked today. Baylor is just exponentially more athletic and the Cats weren't hitting the handful of open shots they did get. On the plus side, they're not going to see a team that's nearly that long and athletic again this year.

Watched last night. Our passing was an absolute thing of beauty. And mizzou was offensive rebounding like crazy. Everytime I think the lack of size will come into effect, they just fight harder and overcome it.

And...

Ricardo ratliff has made something like 30 of his last 32 shots.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Watched last night. Our passing was an absolute thing of beauty. And mizzou was offensive rebounding like crazy. Everytime I think the lack of size will come into effect, they just fight harder and overcome it.

And...

Ricardo ratliff has made something like 30 of his last 32 shots.

I don't want to be a downer, but unfortunately the name programs Mizzou has played so far aren't any good. Nova is probably a bubble team, Notre Dame is atrocious and Cal might be a 8-10 seed (and I think that's generous). Good thing is, they've won every game by double digits. Hopefully Illinois can be the test needed before conference play.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
I don't want to be a downer, but unfortunately the name programs Mizzou has played so far aren't any good. Nova is probably a bubble team, Notre Dame is atrocious and Cal might be a 8-10 seed (and I think that's generous). Good thing is, they've won every game by double digits. Hopefully Illinois can be the test needed before conference play.

I'm usually pretty skeptical on Mizzou because they seem to start fast and finish slow. I guess we will see.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm usually pretty skeptical on Mizzou because they seem to start fast and finish slow. I guess we will see.

So...they are like every team that has to go play in a tough basketball conference. Gotcha.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Yeah ive been suspect on Purdue but people seem to like them so I was waiting for conference play to really rate them.

they like them because of their coach, and that 3 year recruiting hiatus he took is catching up with him.. think how bad they would be if hummel wasn't around? purdue fans are starting to realize talent matters! and that 2007 class that was the best of all time in history of the country (as a whole), isn't likely to happen again