2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
He needs to tell them something. BP3 just started driving to the hoop and look what happened. Where was that the first 36 minutes?

Bruce needs to just drill this into his head. He has the moves to drive whenever he wants.

All of the reporters that wrote a watch out for Illinois article this week were on the edge of their seats for awhile there. Meyers with 9 points and 8 boards, not a good performance for him after people were calling him a breakout star this week. I didnt watch the whole game, how many touches did he get? Until they start playing through arguably their most talented player, they are going to struggle if they cant shoot from distance.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
All of the reporters that wrote a watch out for Illinois article this week were on the edge of their seats for awhile there. Meyers with 9 points and 8 boards, not a good performance for him after people were calling him a breakout star this week. I didnt watch the whole game, how many touches did he get? Until they start playing through arguably their most talented player, they are going to struggle if they cant shoot from distance.

Pretty sure he ended up shooting 4 for 4. He got doubled everytime and the guards couldn't capitalize

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Pretty sure he ended up shooting 4 for 4. He got doubled everytime and the guards couldn't capitalize

FWIW, I think one of Bruce Weber's major flaws is that he doesnt adapt his offense or defense to his personnel. Maybe he does and I dont notice as an outside observer, but running the motion over and over and just hoping you get a post play or rebound for your most talented player makes zero sense to me. I would also have them running a 2-3 matchup zone on the back end to help the younger guys out a bit and also to keep Meyers under the basket where he belongs.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Gottlieb is terrible. He doesnt know Paul from Richardson

False. He's awesome. He mentioned Reading Day 3 times and "The Assembly Hall" 2 times. And he also mentioned it was his first game there and didn't get to see the Chief.

Thanks for avoiding the "bad loss" column on the NCAA resume this early.

That was f***ing painful to watch, I'm going to go pour body wash directly into my eyes. Brb.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (SnB @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:56 AM)
The leonard tap out rebound is awesome.

Disagree, it started to work in the last ten minutes, but for the first 30 his refusal to go up strong and pull it down caused quite a few rebounds to go the other way. He's the biggest man on the court, bring it down.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Yeah, I usually hate Gottlieb because he is a massive Big 12 homer, but he was terrific last night. Really personalized the broadcasting.

I hate Gottlieb because he is a massive homer, but not for all the Big 12. He hates certain teams from his playing days still.