2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Seriously, complaining with how this game's been called? It's been a joke. Of all the questionable calls tonight, that was one of the more obvious ones.

What are you talking about? This has been a great game for the officials. They can actually f***ing play instead of going possession for possession with a foul. Just saying Dakich is an idiot for saying that was a good charge call. The guy was totally moving.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Seriously, complaining with how this game's been called? It's been a joke. Of all the questionable calls tonight, that was one of the more obvious ones.

I've only been watching since there was 7:29 left, and this has been the case. Paul committed an obvious travel at the top of the key on that play (before he drew the foul) that wasn't called.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 03:52 AM)
What are you talking about? This has been a great game for the officials. They can actually f***ing play instead of going possession for possession with a foul. Just saying Dakich is an idiot for saying that was a good charge call. The guy was totally moving.

Some terrible non-calls, in my opinion. That charge is called 99% of the time by refs, no matter if guys is moving or not. Refs aren't smart enough to look anywhere else but at the offensive players left shoulder.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)

You know the defender can be moving and it can still be a charge, right?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
I've only been watching since there was 7:29 left, and this has been the case. Paul committed an obvious travel at the top of the key on that play (before he drew the foul) that wasn't called.

You should have watched first 5 minutes or so. Leonard with a pretty blatant travel on the first bucket, IIRC. Tirico was still sleeping, so the announcers didn't mention it.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
You should have watched first 5 minutes or so.

I should modify what I said. The reffing hasn't been terrible, as Jenks said the refs are letting them play. It just seems like the refs think they are in the NBA and letting some obvious stuff go.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 03:56 AM)
I should modify what I said. The reffing hasn't been terrible, as Jenks said the refs are letting them play. It just seems like the refs think they are in the NBA and letting some obvious stuff go.

That's an excellent way to put it

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 03:57 AM)
Not sideways like that. He moved into him. That's a blocking foul.

Bertrand initiated almost all of the contact on that one. Same with the obvious charge they FINALLY called correctly on Sullinger.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
Definitely fair officiating both ways tonight. Wish more games were officiated like this in the Big 10 actually. Makes for much more fluid games.

I agree it's way better like this than the IU-Ohio St game, when Sullinger or Zeller breathed and they drew a foul.