2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 02:01 AM)
You're not hearing much about how dominant the Big East is this year for a reason. Louisville yesterday?

I'm not so sure that Syracuse's 2nd team isn't the 2nd best team in the Big East. Who's doing worse coaching this year, Dixon or Jay Wright?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
I hate watching Chris Allen play. He seems like he'd be a perfect fit at GT where fathom could get pissed at him.

Iowa State shot a better percentage from 3-point land than they did from the free throw line. I can't imagine that happens often outside of a team going 1-1 or 2-2 from 3 and even that's rare. I'm just happy Christopherson is a senior. I don't have to watch him annoy Mizzou in Ames anymore.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Refs bailing NW out multiple times in 2nd half.

Didn't see much before the end of regulation, but as a neutral observer, Willie got hosed Big Time at the end of regular time. NW guy was fouled multiple times by two (or three) different MI players as he tried for the winning shot, but instead got whistled for an up and down.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 07:49 AM)
You missed out on having Novak play for the team the next town over for four years too.

State? I thought Michigan were the only suckers to offer him or something. Maybe that was Douglass.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
Didn't see much before the end of regulation, but as a neutral observer, Willie got hosed Big Time at the end of regular time. NW guy was fouled multiple times by two (or three) different MI players as he tried for the winning shot, but instead got whistled for an up and down.

Agreed. It would of just fueld my hate for Stu Douglass even more if they called that foul because he got beat like he did.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
Iowa State shot a better percentage from 3-point land than they did from the free throw line. I can't imagine that happens often outside of a team going 1-1 or 2-2 from 3 and even that's rare. I'm just happy Christopherson is a senior. I don't have to watch him annoy Mizzou in Ames anymore.

And honestly, I'll take a 7 point loss to Mizzou at this point for ISU. A win would have been nice, but this team is still developing.

Now they play at Kansas this weekend. That will probably be ugly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Novak went to HS the next town over from me and in my HS's conference.

Chesterton right? Matt Holba is a freshman there now. IU has been in to see him plenty and he's been on campus a few times this year already. Supposed to be pretty damn tough for the 2015 class.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Chesterton right? Matt Holba is a freshman there now. IU has been in to see him plenty and he's been on campus a few times this year already. Supposed to be pretty damn tough for the 2015 class.

Yeah Chesterton. We play them Friday at City as a matter of a fact. I am broadcasting the game for local cable. I'll let you know what I see out of the kid. The other interesting one they are supposed to have is the son of 1980 Mr Basketball, and Michigan City grad, Dan Palambizio.

A loss like this can't be unexpected. You can't expect to win when you play like s*** pretty much the entire game. Jim Jackson said it best when it seemed like the entire team was just a step slow. There wasn't any of the energy that's been our trademark this year.

Pick it up, move on, and go for the W in Columbus.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
A loss like this can't be unexpected. You can't expect to win when you play like s*** pretty much the entire game. Jim Jackson said it best when it seemed like the entire team was just a step slow. There wasn't any of the energy that's been our trademark this year.

Pick it up, move on, and go for the W in Columbus.

I'd call that a classic trap game. Bigger game coming up in a few days, weaker opponent, young team, at home, coming off 3 big wins earlier in the month. Underestimate the opponent, don't come in ready to play, maybe party a bit too much during the week, etc. It happens.