2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 06:12 AM)
I think MSU can make a big run. So physical and just a real close team.

Also, sounds like Barlow and maybe Byrd of Purdue were arrested last night.

MSU can always make a run in the dance. It is just one of those facts of life.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weber continues to make excuses, as he said today in his press conference how losing Jamar Smith and Richmond unexpectedly, as well as injuries to Frazier and Maniscalco really hurt the program. I can't believe some of the stuff he says, as every program has to deal with things like this and it's hard to feel bad for the Jamar/Richmond stuff when Weber kept Luther Head around. I couldn't imagine how Weber would have reacted if it was actually star players his team lost to injury, like how ND has had to overcome losing Abro this season.

Whatever. He was asked if he should resign. He just listed some things that happened. A lot of those were crucial and at weird times. Things that happened aren't excuses, they were legit reasons that helped contribute.

You make it sound like he went on a long explanation of why those were the exact reasons things haven't worked and that's it. He explained a lot more in the other press conference where he blamed himself a lot.

Simply saying "every program has to deal with things like this" doesn't discredit the things that happened. Plus, not everyone deals with the same things. Some have it worse, some have it better.

Id say Weber is a careful what you wish for situation. I personally think in game Weber is a pretty solid coach (at least against Wisconsin). I just read the Deron Williams article and it seems that he believes in Weber when he easily could have said what everyone wanted to hear "Self did the recruiting."

As a Wisconsin fan I think losing Weber would help Wisconsin recruit better in Illinois, so whatever happens the instability is good for me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 18, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
SIU sets another futility record, tying the program mark for losses in a season with 20.

All of you b****ing about Bruce should just glance to the program 3 hours south to see how bad things can really get.

This is pretty much as bad as it can get for Illinois. You have to suck horribly as a coach to miss the tourney 3 times in 6 years at Illinois.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 18, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
I'm not surprised. Like I had been saying, Weber should have been fired after Wednesday. Players have quit on him.

Players have zero pride, whatever.

Firing him now can only hurt perception moving forward, not sure why you'd want to do that.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 18, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
cant see weber surviving now. ultimately I think he's a guy who just doesn't quite gel with todays athletes

I really disagree with that. I think it's just the type of player he's recruited. Still Weber's fault, but I'm not sure some of these players would be successful with any coach.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 19, 2012 -> 04:57 AM)
So who coaches Illinois next year? I don't even know who to throw out there as a realistic name...

I think it's going to be G. Marshall. They want Shaka, but supposedly he isn't the biggest fan of the Big 10.