2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
Not that my opinion means a damn thing but I'd go Baylor. Gonzaga has enough skill to at least hang with OSU...

Shoulda bet the bucks. I had them money line.

I'm back from my s*** and in vegas next weekend. Cant wait to bet it.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Thoughts on Florida tomorrow? Otherwise it's nab an MSU/UNC/Kansas.

Sorry I didn't see this but Florida or South Florida is what I would have went with.

MSU-SLU is gonna be a battle and I haven't seen a Henson update but if he doesn't play(though I'm sure he is) Dougie might go off for 800 points but if he does play I'd be pretty surprised if UNC lost.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Sorry I didn't see this but Florida or South Florida is what I would have went with.

MSU-SLU is gonna be a battle and I haven't seen a Henson update but if he doesn't play(though I'm sure he is) Dougie might go off for 800 points but if he does play I'd be pretty surprised if UNC lost.

I know its over, but usf? That game was a toss up at best.

Next week will be impossible to navigate.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Shady yes but not surprising.

I also wouldnt be quick to judge if I was a fan of a school that brought in so many transfers.

Texas Coach Rick Barnes spoke openly about his adversarial relationship with Drew and his disapproval of A.A.U. coaches of top recruits being hired by universities, a practice that is becoming more common.

“There’s a line that he knows that he can’t cross with me,” Barnes said of Drew. “He knows that. He definitely knows that.”

Drew has a reputation in college basketball circles for recruiting by talking negatively about other schools.

“If they’re saying things about us, I would think they wouldn’t,” Barnes said. “I’ve had that discussion that it’s going to be above board in terms of how things need to be done.”

Asked if he had anything else to say about Drew’s recruiting practices, Barnes said, “I wish I could.”

The next time you hear about something shady with Fred Hoiberg as the coach, feel free to post it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
Ten of the Sweet Sixteen schools are within 200 miles of Indiana. Seven of them are within 100 miles. Four are within 30 miles.

And only one of them is located in the state of Indiana. Ohio, North Carolina, Wisconsin, & Kentucky all have more teams left than Indiana.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
And only one of them is located in the state of Indiana. Ohio, North Carolina, Wisconsin, & Kentucky all have more teams left than Indiana.

It is amazing how much Indiana talent is fueling those teams too.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
Let's blow up every state except Indiana. As long as their truly is more than corn there...

It could be like the Hunger Games. Indiana will be the Capitol and everywhere else will be Districts in charge of producing everything Indiana needs to play basketball better than everyone else.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
I understand that, but it's a remarkable occurrence that 62.5% of the teams remaining are in such a compact geographic area, and Indiana happens to be at the center of that area.

4 are from Ohio.