2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
And hey, Southern Illinois is up 3 on UNI at the half....

We'll lose by 10 or 1 when we turn the ball over on our last possession and not even get a shot off to win.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
I'm missing something. Ref called charge on Purdue and counted the basket. Didn't that happen to Illinois a few weeks ago? WTF

Not sure what your question is... If the ball leaves the offensive player's hand before the contact was made, the basket counts. Most of the time it happens after or simultaneously with contact and is waved off. Either can be a correct call.

Despite losing tonight at home, I have been impressed with Michigan this year. I think they are a solid team and have played well as a team, surpassing most expectations. How they do in the tourney will have much to do with the draw, but they have certainly surprised me this year.

Purdue winning tonight gives me pause on the rest of Indiana's season. We are @ Minny tomorrow, host Mich St Tuesday and host Purdue next weekend. None of those three will be easy. I'd love to see a sweep, but am really hoping for 2 out of three.

I made one error in my prediction for the MVC seedings the other day. Missouri State finished ahead of Drake in 6th, where I had them reversed. That means Evansville will have to play Missouri State back to back and beat them for a 3rd time to move on. Considering both games went to OT, that will be a tall order.

MVC Tourney Bracket

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
I made one error in my prediction for the MVC seedings the other day. Missouri State finished ahead of Drake in 6th, where I had them reversed. That means Evansville will have to play Missouri State back to back and beat them for a 3rd time to move on. Considering both games went to OT, that will be a tall order.

MVC Tourney Bracket

Don't post that, it's depressing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
In all honesty the winner of UE-MSU can give CU some problems in the semis. And I wouldn't be shocked if after InSU is done spanking us if they play a nailbiter with the Shocks.

Evansville beat Creighton and took them to OT at their place so they can beat them. Then again, reality may set in for both teams and it may end up a 12 point Bluejay victory. Then again, beating Missouri State the third time will be no easy task. As much as I love the Aces, I think they caught a break with the seeding tiebreaker. No one can convince me they are the 3rd best team in the Valley. What I do like about this team is they never quit and have a lot of heart.