2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 05:45 AM)
So has talent out west just dried up, or are players leaving and going elsewhere for some reason (more money, better facilities, schools too focused on football?)

I think you just had some issues happen. UCLA has had its problem with Howland handling some of its stars. Arizona lost Lute (and lost a lot of talent off last years team that made a team run). Washington is usually pretty strong but has some issues. Stanford has had to transition after losing Mike Montgomery (who was a machine at getting his team into the tourney's). USC was hit with some issues and had to rebuild (OJ Mayo/Tim Floyd stuff). I won't be surprised when it is back to being one of the premiere basketball conferences (which for a period of time, it was a hell of a basketball conference).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
NC State probably just got themselves in.

They sure celebrated like they clinched a spot.

But they probably got themselves a flight to Dayton for early next week.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Just thinking out loud here but you know what would be real interesting? If Duke draws Montana in the first round...

I just see Austin Rivers going into ME Mode in the tourney and losing a game before the Elite 8.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
I think just about everyone knew the winner of that game was going to get a #1 seed, so either way it would be a 7 loss team. Don't get why that's a shocker.

simple, he's pissed 4 loss Missouri didn't get the nod

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
simple, he's pissed 4 loss Missouri didn't get the nod

Is that wrong though? They said Missouri was ranked 8 because of their non-conference schedule. Top teams shouldn't be evaluated on the bad teams they beat. It's clear Missouri is a top tier team, they should be judged on the good teams they beat.

Record vs. RPI top 50

Syracuse 11-2

Kentucky 9-2

Missouri 11-3

Kansas 11-5

Michigan State 10-5

Ohio State 9-5

North Carolina 8-5

Duke 7-5

Missouri has the most top 50 wins and only Kansas and Michigan State played more games against the top 50, yet Missouri's schedule is the one that comes into question. It's pretty insignificant in the long run, but it's a joke that they rate Missouri 8 on that list because they beat more teams outside the top 200 instead of beating some 100-200 teams in the non-conference.