2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan Smotrycz leaving Michigan. Beilein jerked him around this year. Went a few games without even playing and was rather versatile. Good role player and with Michigans lack of a post guy this year, he should of been in there 25 minutes a game.

Hopefully I won't miss him next year with that class coming in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
Evan Smotrycz leaving Michigan. Beilein jerked him around this year. Went a few games without even playing and was rather versatile. Good role player and with Michigans lack of a post guy this year, he should of been in there 25 minutes a game.

I heard 2 other guys are leaving as well, Christian and Brundidge.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/1...-the-dark-side/

Oh my, Scott Drew is shady, imagine that

Why is it shady to recruit players playing for other schools, but not coaches under contract at other schools? I certainly hope coaches who feel free to leave whenever they feel like it wouldn't have a problem with another school talking with their better players about perhaps a better opportunity.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Why is it shady to recruit players playing for other schools, but not coaches under contract at other schools? I certainly hope coaches who feel free to leave whenever they feel like it wouldn't have a problem with another school talking with their better players about perhaps a better opportunity.

Regardless of what you think about it, it is VERY much against NCAA rules.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Im completely underwhelmed by Bielen.

Agreed. If he can't do anything with this next class coming in, I'd say it's time to find someone else, but that won't happen since he has made Michigan basketball some what relevant again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)

He probably saw the writing on the wall with McGary and Robinson III coming in next year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
NW to retain Carmody. NCAAs 2013!!!!

Maybe 2014. I have a hard time seeing it next year. Their backcourt should be pretty solid with Sobolewski/Cobb hopefully healthy/Crawford and a couple other serviceable guys on the bench, but the frontcourt is completely unproven. Sure, I'd take unproven over proven crap at the center spot, but losing Shurna could be a really tough adjustment.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 01:06 AM)
Maybe 2014. I have a hard time seeing it next year. Their backcourt should be pretty solid with Sobolewski/Cobb hopefully healthy/Crawford and a couple other serviceable guys on the bench, but the frontcourt is completely unproven. Sure, I'd take unproven over proven crap at the center spot, but losing Shurna could be a really tough adjustment.

They should try to get Oriakhi to transfer there

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Anybody else incredibly bored by this year's tourney? The Duke/Missouri upsets were fun (for some of us), but with no buzzer beaters, no great individual performances, it feels like this tourney has been pretty blah so far.

Agreed. Most games have been decided pretty early. And I don't think there's been a single buzzer beater or near buzzer beater.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Anybody else incredibly bored by this year's tourney? The Duke/Missouri upsets were fun (for some of us), but with no buzzer beaters, no great individual performances, it feels like this tourney has been pretty blah so far.

Definitely, I was just thinking that today. Here's hoping IU can stun everyone again tonight. Actually, I think this win would be more shocking than the first, if only because of the "Kentucky out for revenge" angle.