2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

HAH. Illinois fan talking crap. Bubble team this year, but with the talent coming in, I could coach that team deep in the next few years. You'd think you'd be rooting for Crean to be OK. Last thing you want is Brad Stevens taking over a team of 4/5 stars. I know I love that you still have Brucey, as I'm sure the rest of the big ten does.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
HAH. Illinois fan talking crap. Bubble team this year, but with the talent coming in, I could coach that team deep in the next few years. You'd think you'd be rooting for Crean to be OK. Last thing you want is Brad Stevens taking over a team of 4/5 stars. I know I love that you still have Brucey, as I'm sure the rest of the big ten does.

Ha, still on that Stevens thing.

Also, not sure you're in a position to talk s*** about other team's coaches at this point.

Then you obviously don't know anything about Brad.

Uh huh, and you guys are. At least Crean has an excuse. They stop this year. Or we could just blame it on the seniors like Illinois does every year... Ohio State, MSU, IU, Wisconsin, and even Purdue have set themselves up for the long haul. Catch-up.

Yea, I didn't start the smack talking. I get it, you guys need a rival. You're about 3rd on IU's list. Indiana is still relevant enough that when people think Indiana, they think basketball. They can also keep their top players at home to play for them... What do people think of when someone mentions Illinois? Yea...

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
Yea, I didn't start the smack talking. I get it, you guys need a rival. You're about 3rd on IU's list. Indiana is still relevant enough that when people think Indiana, they think basketball. They can also keep their top players at home to play for them... What do people think of when someone mentions Illinois? Yea...

When people think Indiana, they think "hey, remember when you rushed the floor last year after beating your non-rival?"

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Hear you all on that. It's the first time in a long time I've actually been excited about Indiana basketball.

Same...sort of. I think we'll be way less of a pushover, so that's awesome...but I really can't wait for the 2012 class. Hollowell has a chance to be a Freshman All-American.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
When people think Indiana, they think "hey, remember when you rushed the floor last year after beating your non-rival?"

:lolhitting And when people think Illinois, "hey, remember when you lost to one of the worst Indiana teams in history?"

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
Same...sort of. I think we'll be way less of a pushover, so that's awesome...but I really can't wait for the 2012 class. Hollowell has a chance to be a Freshman All-American.

Agreed, but if Watford is still around, Jeremy won't have the looks to garner that attention IMO. Yogi on the other hand, is the best pure PG IU has had since the 80's.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Then you obviously don't know anything about Brad.

Uh huh, and you guys are. At least Crean has an excuse. They stop this year. Or we could just blame it on the seniors like Illinois does every year... Ohio State, MSU, IU, Wisconsin, and even Purdue have set themselves up for the long haul. Catch-up.

Oh I have a feeling the next two years when Indiana is just mediocre that there's gonna be a whole lot of "just wait until Crean gets ALL of his guys here! Then we'll be really good!" I also enjoy the fact that Indiana fans can completely dismiss the fact that the guy that ruined their program WAS HIRED BY THEIR PROGRAM DESPITE KNOWING HE'D ALREADY BEEN VIOLATING NCAA RULES.

I have no beef with Indiana, nor do I consider them a "rival." Illinois' rivals in the Big Ten are MSU and WI and to a lessor extent Iowa (traditional) and Northwestern (state). But Indiana fans annoy the piss out of me. The cling to what happened 25 years ago as if that's still relevant. You're a traditional power. Good for you. You haven't been relevant except for a year here or there since then. So get off your f***ing high horse.

And I've said it here before, Indiana fans better not get crazy with excitement. Yes, you'll be better than you have been recently, but big recruiting classes mean absolute dick. It doesn't guarantee you Final Fours and Championships. Especially since other programs in the Big Ten (UI, MSU, OSU, WI, PUR) are getting the same kind of talent. It's not like Indiana is the only Big Ten school getting ranked recruits.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
I'd say Wisconsin, Michigan state, osu, and illini are all each others top rivals.

I'd say that's a good way to put it, as the last decade shows that these four are probably going to make up 80% of the top 5. Iowa and Indiana are rivals of a different sort.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
I think Iowa State should be pretty popular, because fact is, if you follow college basketball, someone on your favorite team has transferred to Ames to play for the Mayor.

on Soxtalk, it's still just you and me on that boat. But I wouldn't be surprised if they start getting more TV time with the talent they are loading up.