2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Ya, it's nice to have college hoops back. SIU apparently didn't look as awful as most people are expecting us to be in our exhibition yesterday. Maybe we'll finish 8th in the league instead of 9th or 10th. :headbang

As long as we get 7th.........and Bradley is last.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Illinois ended up outscoring Wayne St like 30-6

Just came out tight and probably nervous for their first game. They ended up shooting about 50% after shooting only 29% in the first half. Nice to see Leonard near 20, with about 5-6 dunks.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
Michigan looks to be the choice for Mitch McGary. He makes it official Thursday.

Hopefully he does all right there. I know he has had his issues, but he really did seem like a good in the conversations I had with him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)
Hopefully he does all right there. I know he has had his issues, but he really did seem like a good in the conversations I had with him.

With him and GR III they should have a nice class. ss2k5, I should know this, but who are you a fan of?

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
With him and GR III they should have a nice class. ss2k5, I should know this, but who are you a fan of?

Honestly, no one team really. I went to a DIII school and have been involved with high school ball for years. More than anything I follow the game, and the players I saw at the HS level. Over the years I have pulled probably more for IU and Kentucky than anyone, though not Kentucky as much the last couple of years. New Mexico has been on my radar because of working with Steve Alford when we were both at Manchester. Michigan will pop up again when Robinson and McGary are there. Ball State's best player is from my hometown, so I got to know him, and I will pull for them again for sure this year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
So Crandall Head got suspended just like his big bro? Are these pot related?

I can't see him lasting another year at U of I. Truth be told, he probably should have never gone there. Rumors of issues with him his senior year in high school.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Looks like a tradition considering they all are cleaning up what they threw and there are already recycling bins lined up. So weird.

If I was the opposing coach I would go apes***.

Re: the toilet paper thing... It has been a tradition at that school for like 20 years. The students all do it for the 1st point scored in the 1st game of the season. All the refs and players/coaches from the opposing team know it's going to happen. I think it's kind of cool.

And yes, they still get called for the technical anyway. But like it really matters at some no-name, tiny school like that.

Edited by dasox24