2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 02:03 AM)
This is why I'm an NBA fan. The college game is terrible. A lot games come down to who can jack up the most 3's.

Versus the NBA that isn't a team game anymore. It all comes down to who wins the one on one match up. I hate that.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 06:59 AM)
Both games have their pros and their cons. I love em both.

Ya, I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that the quality of play is better than the NBA but there's absolutely nothing that beats the atmosphere and passion of the college game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
Rosenberg_Mike Michael Rosenberg

by jonmorosi

Mitch McGary commits to Michigan. Huge get for @JohnBeilein ... if Hardaway comes back U-M could be top 5 next year.

Wish Darius Morris would of stuck around as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
Wish Darius Morris would of stuck around as well.

If Darius would have stayed they could have been champions.

See what I did there? Seriously, him leaving really hurt, if Hardaway leaves that will hurt as well. Its nice to see the Big Ten picking it up as a whole.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
Yeah, but the GH threads were all over your scout board since then even though there really wasnt much room for the guy.

Yea, the scout board is pretty bad. There's no mod or anyone running the show, so whatever they make up seems to stick.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
That makes sense. What board is the main one?

Peegs.com, the Rivals site. Just don't look at the free board haha, it's a cess pool. The premium side is pretty nice, less retards, and it's got a huge following. $10 a month memberships has allowed Peegs to hire away the main Indy Star sports reporter, so I'd have to figure he's banking some serious money, all for having IU and high school connections haha. Pretty sweet gig, but I'm sure you can relate with OSU forums who charge with their football following.

Mike (owner of Peegs, Mike Pegram) said today it's MSU and PU as the top two for Gary more than likely, with IU maybe as the darkhorse. UK is out.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Peegs.com, the Rivals site. Just don't look at the free board haha, it's a cess pool. The premium side is pretty nice, less retards, and it's got a huge following. $10 a month memberships has allowed Peegs to hire away the main Indy Star sports reporter, so I'd have to figure he's banking some serious money, all for having IU and high school connections haha. Pretty sweet gig, but I'm sure you can relate with OSU forums who charge with their football following.

Mike (owner of Peegs, Mike Pegram) said today it's MSU and PU as the top two for Gary more than likely, with IU maybe as the darkhorse. UK is out.

Gotcha.

I actually dont pay for any sites since I felt Bucknuts was a complete rip off. The Scout forum is nice but I would rather browse. I actually like the blogs the best since I can just get info.

I think MSU is where he is going, which will be tough for everyone.

"Both Duke and Florida have had established programs for years and have won titles recently," McGary said. "I didn't like that as much as I liked the idea of coming in and helping to turn Michigan's program around. That's more of a challenge for me. With lots of hard work I hope to make a huge footprint in the program. For right now, I'm just happy with my decision."

So basically the opposite of what I thought.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
Oh and it looks like Lenzelle is starting for the Buckeyes off the bat.

Sweet. Hope he stays healthy.

I'm excited about the Big 10 because of all the kids I followed in high school should be playing a lot. Lenzelle, Paul, Vogrich, Maybe Duje and Brust. SoxBadger?

Edited by Brian

The rumor is that at the White-Red scrimmage last weekend Brust looked very impressive. I believe he lead all scorers and had a pretty good deep shot. Supposedly hes going to shock (although Gasser has been saying Brust is going to be good) people with his improvement. Some talk that Badgers may play more 3 guard with Gasser, Taylor and Brust.

Duje is still raw and probably wont get a lot of minutes, but sounds like he is trying to be more aggressive.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
The NBA doesn't have anything that matches the first two rounds of the NCAA tourney for me.

Starting with the conference tournies, there is no better stretch in sports, especially now that Hoosier Hysteria is watered down with class ball.