2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

Acc-Big Ten Challenge starts Tuesday. Any predictions? I have watched very little b-ball this year, but here goes nothing:

Miami @ Purdue

Northwestern @ Georgia Tech

Illinois @ Maryland

Michigan @ Virginia

Clemson @ Iowa

Duke @ Ohio State

Indiana @ NC State

Penn St. @ Boston College

Florida St. @ Michigan St.

Virginia Tech @ Minnesota

Wake Forest @ Nebraska

Wisconsin @ North Carolina

7-5 B1G

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont really know a lot about the other Big10 teams but my first reaction is that it seems to be favorable for the big10 this year.

Prior to this weekend I had written Wisconsin v UNC as a definite loss for Wisconsin (barring a miracle), but after UNC lost to UNLV Im slightly more optimistic. It sounds like UNC gave up a bunch of 3s and Wisconsin has been pretty good from beyond the arc. I still think @ UNC is to much to overcome, but I definitely think there is a chance Wisconsin could upset the Tarheells, especially if Brust/Gasser can get hot from beyond the arc.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Big Ten just might sweep day 1. They are probably the favorite in each of those games. Day 2 gets rough for them though.

Is Clemson really that bad this year? Iowa looks awful thus far.

Minny just lost Mbakwe for the year.

OSU isnt quite there yet, I would be surprised at the moment if they beat Duke. They very well could be better than them at the end of the year, but they are really too young to be as good as they can be. I will enjoy watching Craft/Lenzelle on Rivers.

Miami @ Purdue

Illinois @ Maryland

Michigan @ Virginia

Clemson @ Iowa (neither one is good, so I'll go with the home team)

Duke @ Ohio State (Blue Devils look like they have more weapons)

Indiana @ NC State

Penn St. @ Boston College (both of these teams blow)

Wake Forest @ Nebraska

Big Ten eeks it out mostly because of the middle tier teams.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
What's the scoop on NC State? I know they have a great recruiting class for next year, but how are they playing this year, anyone seen them? Basically, what are the Hoosiers chances, given that they're playing in Raleigh?

NC State isn't coached well, but they have a lot of talent already on the roster. Lorenzo Brown at SG is a future NBA player, and CJ Leslie is a future NBA guy at PF. It should be a great battle inside for Zeller against 3 legit 6'8-6'9 guys.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
What's the scoop on NC State? I know they have a great recruiting class for next year, but how are they playing this year, anyone seen them? Basically, what are the Hoosiers chances, given that they're playing in Raleigh?

Probably a toss-up. They trailed most of the game against Vanderbilt (they led by 1 late but faltered) and beat Texas. Their D looks suspect on paper and they only have one shooter, but they're athletic and have some size. CJ Leslie is a stud.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
Probably a toss-up. They trailed most of the game against Vanderbilt (they led by 1 late but faltered) and beat Texas. Their D looks suspect on paper and they only have one shooter, but they're athletic and have some size. CJ Leslie is a stud.

I read that Scott Wood was out for Wednesday's game.

Miami @ Purdue

Illinois @ Maryland

Michigan @ Virginia

Clemson @ Iowa

Duke @ Ohio State

Indiana @ NC State

Wake Forest @ Nebraska

Big Ten 8-4

There are some brutal teams in the ACC this year. Maryland is offensively challenged and BC flat out sucks. I'll take PSU to not suck as much.

I think Miami wouldve had a good chance against Purdue if they had their big guys playing. Losing our 6-10 center who averaged 12/9 last year is killing us. He wont be back until January. His back up who couldnt score but atleast provided size and rebounds is out for the year.

We have no size really so we're a jump shooting team. If we're on then Miami has a chance. Problem is that our shooters are either blazing hot or ice cold so you never know. It's safer to assume they'll be off. Last Friday we were down 17-0 in the first 7 minutes at Ole Miss before finally getting hot to make it 29-25 at the half. Then we blew a 5 point lead in the final 5 minutes when the shots started to miss and one of our better players fouled out. Ended up losing by 3 in OT.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Minny just lost Mbakwe for the year.

OSU isnt quite there yet, I would be surprised at the moment if they beat Duke. They very well could be better than them at the end of the year, but they are really too young to be as good as they can be. I will enjoy watching Craft/Lenzelle on Rivers.

Surprised? It's at OSU, I assume they'll be favored. It's a tossup but in no way should anyone be surprised if OSU wins.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)

They are 6-point favorites. It's college b-ball, you always have to give an edge to the home team, even if OSU's home court advantage isn't as good as other teams.

Miami @ Purdue

Illinois @ Maryland

Michigan @ Virginia

Clemson @ Iowa

Duke @ Ohio State

Indiana @ NC State

Wake Forest @ Nebraska

9-3 ACC

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 12:13 AM)
Miami @ Purdue

Illinois @ Maryland

Michigan @ Virginia

Clemson @ Iowa

Duke @ Ohio State

Indiana @ NC State

Wake Forest @ Nebraska

9-3 ACC

Uhhh, how much CBB do you watch?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
Vegas has the Big Ten going 5-1 tonight. Northwestern, surprisingly, being the only underdog; probably because they are a small name.

Michigan and Illinois are favorites, I agree - but they are overrated this early. I also doubt that Ohio State can stay with Duke, even at home.

Iowa and Purdue I agree with.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
They are 6-point favorites. It's college b-ball, you always have to give an edge to the home team, even if OSU's home court advantage isn't as good as other teams.

They are good at home, but this team is very different from Matta's teams of the past and its going to take them awhile to figure it out. His strength is depth, but it is extremely young and more athletic than basketball savvy. It would be nice to wipe the floor with Duke, I just think they have too much experience at this point.