2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Id imagine that after ACC expands Big 10 wont be winning many.

Depends on how they do it with the uneven number of teams. Seems pretty unfair for the Big Ten to have all 12 play and the ACC with the ability to drop a couple teams. Maybe Pitt and Cuse won't join in immediately.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Can we switch up this awful challenge to get other conferences involved please? These games have been beyond brutal.

I (obviously) thought IU-NC St was a great game, but besides that I've only seen Illinois and Ohio St, and those games werent as good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Can we switch up this awful challenge to get other conferences involved please? These games have been beyond brutal.

The Big East/SEC one would have been entertaining if they set up the right matchups. Yes, Cuse/Florida and Louisville/Vandy are nice games, but instead of adding an epic Kentucky/UConn game and another solid one with Pitt/Alabama we get those last four teams playing games they should win by double digits.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
This is about money not some trophy, those teams are going to be involved the first year.

Yeah, but I'm not sure what kind of schedule agreements are already in place. I don't know many ACC schools that will be asking out of this or would happily give their spot away.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
I know Harrison Barnes is injured, but he's so damn overrated.

I don't know, he looks like kind of a college version of Kobe Bryant to me. Obviously not as explosive, but he has the same tendency to take some odd shots but make a lot of them. I'm not seeing an NBA star from what I've seen of him so far, but most teams would still kill to get him.