2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

Semi-related comment: UNC looks like they're a shooter short to me. Marshall isn't really a threat to score and while Strickland is pretty solid, he's not a threat from deep. Maybe play Bullock and Hairston more often to spread the floor a bit?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Iowa State, you're a f***ing embarrassment.

Seriously, losing to this UNI team, at home, by 8? How do they beat Providence and Rice handily on the road, and lose to UNI at home? And to Drake?

I've seen some clips of some games on the Cyclones site. Looks to me like they have no game control on offense. I think you nailed it earlier Heads, they need a real PG, bad.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
Semi-related comment: UNC looks like they're a shooter short to me. Marshall isn't really a threat to score and while Strickland is pretty solid, he's not a threat from deep. Maybe play Bullock and Hairston more often to spread the floor a bit?

Hairston is that shooter. He had 15 points last game, and Roy's retarded subbing kept him out of most of this game.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
Hairston is that shooter. He had 15 points last game, and Roy's retarded subbing kept him out of most of this game.

LOL, I read "Harrison" instead of Hairston and had to edit my post.

Yeah, he seems like the guy and Bullock looks like he can shoot too. Those two seem like a better fit with the rest of their lineup than Strickland.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
I'm a huge fan of Hairston. He didn't play as much tonight cause of an injury.

Yep, I think he's a better pro prospect than Barnes. Harrison thinks he's Jordan, and he's just not on that level athletically. He will be a solid SF as a pro, but I think Hairston has a chance to be a stud SG on both levels.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
This years Creighton squad is the best Valley team since the 07 Salukis, they're scary...

I'm not sure I'd go that far yet. I'd like to see them in conference before I could say that. SDSU is a real nice win, but outside of that they have played nobody.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
I'm not sure I'd go that far yet. I'd like to see them in conference before I could say that. SDSU is a real nice win, but outside of that they have played nobody.

Not really talking about their wins right now, their talent far exceeds most valley teams of the past decade, Doug McDermott is about as good as you'll see in our league.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
Not really talking about their wins right now, their talent far exceeds most valley teams of the past decade, Doug McDermott is about as good as you'll see in our league.

This is true. I just would like to see more of them as a team. They have a chance to make a ton of noise. Hopefully they have a strong enough resume and lose in St. Louis.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)
This is true. I just would like to see more of them as a team. They have a chance to make a ton of noise. Hopefully they have a strong enough resume and lose in St. Louis.

To SIU in a 1-10 showdown in the championship. :headbang

Seriously though, this is a 2-3 bid league this yr, CU will be a lock come Arch Madness barring injury.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Seriously, losing to this UNI team, at home, by 8? How do they beat Providence and Rice handily on the road, and lose to UNI at home? And to Drake?

I've seen some clips of some games on the Cyclones site. Looks to me like they have no game control on offense. I think you nailed it earlier Heads, they need a real PG, bad.

They miss Garrett, a lot.

Also, some defense would help.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Depends on how they do it with the uneven number of teams. Seems pretty unfair for the Big Ten to have all 12 play and the ACC with the ability to drop a couple teams. Maybe Pitt and Cuse won't join in immediately.

I think the rules are that the last place teams the prior year don't get to participate.

Thought Indiana looked pretty decent last night, though they were hitting some incredible contested shots over and over again. NC State appears to be a good, but young, team with some upside.

The worst call of the game was the flagrant. I get it's not really a flagrant call, but an intentional one, but that was still horses*** and completely flipped the game to IU. He was clearly playing the ball. Pritchard? (white dude, #25 I think for Indiana) made an even worse foul on a breakaway and it wasn't called. But whatever, credit Indiana for a good win.

I'm very much looking forward to Zeller v. Leonard. Finesse v. power. Should be good.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
The worst call of the game was the flagrant. I get it's not really a flagrant call, but an intentional one, but that was still horses*** and completely flipped the game to IU. He was clearly playing the ball. Pritchard? (white dude, #25 I think for Indiana) made an even worse foul on a breakaway and it wasn't called. But whatever, credit Indiana for a good win.

I agree that the Intentional foul was a bad call, especially considering Pritchard did the same exact thing earlier and it wasn't intentional.

However, its effect is lessened to me because if IU had lost, IU fans could say the exact same thing about the incredibly obvious goaltend at about 8 min left in the 2nd half that wasn't called, and NC St immediately got back nailed a 3. That's a 5 point swing, too.

Plenty of bad calls both ways. Tonight proved to me Zeller is in fact the real deal. He was getting abused down low, fought through and put up 19/8 and led the charge. Great game. IU would have folded the last few years when they were down 7 with seven to go. After the Crean timeout, IU stepped on the gas.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
I think the rules are that the last place teams the prior year don't get to participate.

Thought Indiana looked pretty decent last night, though they were hitting some incredible contested shots over and over again. NC State appears to be a good, but young, team with some upside.

I'm very much looking forward to Zeller v. Leonard. Finesse v. power. Should be good.

It will be a good matchup if Illinois finally gets wise and plays through Meyers.

I am ready for conference play to start how bout you guys?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
It will be a good matchup if Illinois finally gets wise and plays through Meyers.

I am ready for conference play to start how bout you guys?

I dont think the Illini are ready for the Big Ten yet so I'm going to say no, maybe if they beat Gonzaga tomorrow I'll change my mind.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
The Big East/SEC one would have been entertaining if they set up the right matchups. Yes, Cuse/Florida and Louisville/Vandy are nice games, but instead of adding an epic Kentucky/UConn game and another solid one with Pitt/Alabama we get those last four teams playing games they should win by double digits.

Guess I underestimated Georgetown a bit. :ph34r:

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
I dont think the Illini are ready for the Big Ten yet so I'm going to say no, maybe if they beat Gonzaga tomorrow I'll change my mind.

I havent watched every second of their games this year, but has Weber tried to run a 2-3 zone defense yet?