2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
I hate Gottlieb because he stole my credit card.

Well played.

I think he knows his stuff and generally like listening to him. I have noticed he does seem to have certain biases. He always seems to be quite harsh on UConn for example

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
I always thought this team could make a run at the Final Four with all the talented seniors, but that was with Laurence Bowers. I almost don't want people on the bandwagon yet. Let's beat Illinois first.

I know you are trying to be realistic, but come on. We are mizzou fans, we don't get carried away. They look like a team that has played together for 4 years because they have (minus pressey's brilliance). They know where eachother are going to be. They know their limitations. They pass the ball like crazy. It's a fun COLLEGE basketball team. I'm going to enjoy it, no matter what.

*To clarify, I'm saying you don't need to temper expectations. They are just a fun team to watch with a bunch of great people/players.

Edited by bmags

Big fight supposedly in the X-Cinci game. I was watching the whole game until of course I went to go get lunch in the last 3 minutes or so when the fight happened, apparently Yancy Gates caught Kenny Frease with a good one, I'm intrigued to see this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Big fight supposedly in the X-Cinci game. I was watching the whole game until of course I went to go get lunch in the last 3 minutes or so when the fight happened, apparently Yancy Gates caught Kenny Frease with a good one, I'm intrigued to see this.

Actually a legit fight for a sports fight. Gates bloodied up Frease pretty good.

My main question is who the f*** thought it was a good idea to put Xavier players behind a microphone? The fight was bad enough, but that made it even worse. "We gotta bunch of gangsters in the locker room." "That's what you're going to get from Cincy/Xavier."

What the f*** were they thinking letting them talk?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Yeah, so these refs have been moderately one-sided. I don't care.

At least someone admits it. The big difference to me is IU making 3s like crazy and most of them on bad shots. Then Hulls thinks he is actually good at basketball and takes an off-balance catch and shoot 3. Yeah right. Either way, invaluable experience for this IU team. They haven't had a big game in a long time.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
At least someone admits it. The big difference to me is IU making 3s like crazy and most of them on bad shots. Then Hulls thinks he is actually good at basketball and takes an off-balance catch and shoot 3. Yeah right. Either way, invaluable experience for this IU team. They haven't had a big game in a long time.

It's no worse than what an average team gets at home, but yeah i figured I'd jump the gun and say it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
My main question is who the f*** thought it was a good idea to put Xavier players behind a microphone? The fight was bad enough, but that made it even worse. "We gotta bunch of gangsters in the locker room." "That's what you're going to get from Cincy/Xavier."

What the f*** were they thinking letting them talk?

Ya, Lyons was just as bad but they didn't show as much of his presser on ESPN. Not exactly the most intelligent guys.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
It's no worse than what an average team gets at home, but yeah i figured I'd jump the gun and say it.

I actually think the refs evened it out a bit, but a poorly reffed game with no big benefit to either side.