2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
NW had a close game with Central Conn. St. I'd love for them to finally make the tourney, but I'm thinking that 9-1 record is a mirage. What's their best win, G-Tech? Seton Hall? They played one good team and got run out of their own gym.

Sounds an awful lot like Illinois' resume to me. It's hard to know a lot about a team at this point in the year. Even teams that tried to play tough schedules don't end up with good out of conference schedules.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 17, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
Alex was one of the biggest babies I ever saw play high school basketball. But he did go to Glenbrook North afterall.

Dude wtf? Just because GBN has something Warren won't ever get (a state title) doesn't mean you have to take a cheap shot.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 06:06 AM)
Dude wtf? Just because GBN has something Warren won't ever get (a state title) doesn't mean you have to take a cheap shot.

Has nothing to do with Warren. even though they are a top 5 team in the state this year. Actually saw GBN play Waukegan earlier this year and noticed no crying and was surprised. Not too mention some of the fans at the games and their sense of entitlement is hilarious. GBN isn't the only programin the state like that, I am sure.

And with the amount of talent GBN has had the last 20 years, to only win 1 state title is nothing to brag about.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 08:24 AM)
Has nothing to do with Warren. even though they are a top 5 team in the state this year. Actually saw GBN play Waukegan earlier this year and noticed no crying and was surprised. Not too mention some of the fans at the games and their sense of entitlement is hilarious. GBN isn't the only programin the state like that, I am sure.

And with the amount of talent GBN has had the last 20 years, to only win 1 state title is nothing to brag about.

Sense of entitlement is everywhere. Crying was probably just specific to one or two players. I don't know what you mean by all the talent they've had the in last 20 years. They ran into Derrick Rose and Jereme Richmond with talented teams. I don't think they've performed below the level of talent.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 03:44 AM)
Ah see, you are stuck thinking about the OSU of previous years. This years team is athletic and long as hell with really no outside shooting or organization. They are ridiculously young and have beaten teams based on length and running the ball.

OSU should obliterate NU, but they're still not on the same level as Baylor in that department. Baylor seems to have a never-ending supply of 6'9" guys with long arms that can jump out of the gym. The Cats couldn't find any space at all offensively because of their length and it was basically a dunk contest on the other end. I have no idea why they don't play Pierre Jackson 35 MPG either, he's really fast and can shoot. OSU is more skilled, but I was really impressed with Baylor's athleticism.

On a semi-related topic, they're only up 5 at the half against Eastern Illinois despite a pretty solid offensive performance. Their defense has been abysmal, WAY too many easy shots.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 08:24 AM)

Woohoo, for once someone is berating a high school for its sense of entitlement and it's not the one I went to!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
Everyone is hesitant to shoot. I don't understand it. Passing up wide open 10 footers to shoot a contested three.

Am I a moron cuz I can't find Illinois game on tv.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
Yeah it's on espn3.com

I'm assuming ya'll know this, but in case anyone doesn't, if you have a 360 with Xbox Live (Gold), you can get ESPN 3 through that (for free, if you already have Gold). Much nicer than watching on the computer, at least to me.