2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
I just don't understand how a team full of D1 talent cannot get the ball to the post. They refuse to throw the ball in, despite Leonard's clear size advantage. If I were Weber I would threaten the bench if Leonard doesn't get a touch in the post on EACH possession.

Bertrand plays like he hates Leonard.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Paul and Richardson do it too. It's like they're afraid of throwing the ball away. So instead they do nothing but dribble for 30 seconds and then jack up a three.

And then Crawford gets 4 fouls, stays in the game, and they don't even pass the ball to the guy he's guarding. Dumbest team in the Big Ten.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
Big Ten is going as expected so far. Indiana is #12 in the nation, Iowa has two road wins & Wisconsin has two home losses (+1 non-conf).

You expected Indiana to be this good? I certainly didn't.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
You expected Indiana to be this good? I certainly didn't.

I don't think Indiana thought Indiana was going to be this good. I still think their around #15-#20 in the country, but if they beat Michigan tonight their in the top 10. Team could have been really special had Maurice Creek never went down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:13 AM)
If that was sarcasm, then yes. Totally.

Considering that Wisconsin had like 8 home losses the last 8 years and Iowa was supposedly locked into 11th place, yes, that was sarcasm. People expected the Hoosiers to improve, but not this drastically.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
Considering that Wisconsin had like 8 home losses the last 8 years and Iowa was supposedly locked into 11th place, yes, that was sarcasm. People expected the Hoosiers to improve, but not this drastically.

Next years Christmas list.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
Also, Row.

Anthony Booker was 3-3 from behind the arc tonight.

I know, when you read this, you'll say f***.

Nah, it doesnt surprise me. That was part of what frustrated us, he didnt want to play down low, he was always shooting low percentage shots. Of course, Lowery had no idea what to do with him so naturally he ran him off

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:13 AM)
If that was sarcasm, then yes. Totally.

The Iowa onewas a dead giveaway. I don't know the last time they won 2 straight big ten games let alone 2 straigt on the road. They did everything they could at the end to blow it too.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
DePaul just rushed the court for beating an unranked team. Good job Demons!

To be fair, only maybe a couple dozen students maybe go the games...and a couple hundred actual fans.

Let us enjoy an actual BE win, no matter how top-heavy or watered-down it may be. They come only once, hopefully more than twice this year. This program desperately needs a decent win, and then string of decent games, to build on...

I'm a big critic of the oliver purnell hire...but may, just maybe...he can entice another elite recruit to join Billy Garrett Jr., who's gonna be a solid player, in 2013...and DePaul can finally experience a much-needed, kinda sorta turnaround from being a garbage program to actually decent and, dare I say, relevant...

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
To be fair, only maybe a couple dozen students maybe go the games...and a couple hundred actual fans.

Let us enjoy an actual BE win, no matter how top-heavy or watered-down it may be. They come only once, hopefully more than twice this year. This program desperately needs a decent win, and then string of decent games, to build on...

AGreed. Who cares if students storm the floor or not. Let them have their fun. Jesus, this argument is old.