2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
So, can Assembly Hall devour 3 top 13 teams in 26 days?

Even as a Michigan fan, I can admit that this Wolverine team is BARELY a top 25 team. No way #13.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
Great finish to DePaul-Pitt.

IU should have won that game by at least 15. Way too many turnovers in the second half. But hey, I'll take a win.

They really seem to struggle to get the ball to Zeller if the opponent turns up the defense in the last 5 minutes. Something to work on.

Anyway, I'm parked 2 cars over from a car with Michigan Alumni license plate holders today. My IU license plate is smiling.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Just heard about this.

Officials should be fined/suspended. Western's coach should be fired on the spot. How do you not notice your opponent has six on the floor for 20 seconds?

from comments:

MrCondensation

Thu 05 Jan 2012 11:04 PM

The Knicks played with Eddy Curry for years and this was never called

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:02 PM)
from comments:

MrCondensation

Thu 05 Jan 2012 11:04 PM

The Knicks played with Eddy Curry for years and this was never called

This could also be a joke in reference to playing with 4 players

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
I underestimated Crean as a coach. He is amazing at gameplanning. To be able to take out potential mismatches out of their game by getting them into foul trouble is pretty special.

He effectively took Anthony Davis out of the game with early foul trouble. UKs defensive anchor and a huge energy guy. And now he was able to effectively take Buford, Thomas, and Sullinger out of their game by hampering all three of them with foul trouble. To know that tOSU relies on those three so heavily on offense and then to be able to get all of them in foul trouble. Perfect. tOSU is usually able to hide their lack of depth by staying out of foul trouble. That is a strength of their team. Not fouling.

Not against Crean though.

Or maybe it was homecourt advantage. Who knows?

-- I'm admittedly biased. I'm a huge illini fan, so I hate IU basketball (I hate tOSU too and have watched a lot of their games). Congratulations on IUs two huge wins. I wish Weber could get us wins like that. I just honestly think the game was a bit fishy. A win is a win though. Congrats.

There is no rule that says a player with two fouls HAS to sit out the rest of the first half. That is the coaches choice and if it hampers their team, it's his problem. Crean often plays guys with two fouls in the first half. He is careful with their minutes, but he doesn't always eliminate them from the game plan. I remember when coaches used to take a guy out after his 3rd, but hey I'm old.