2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
So, chances Illinois pulls off another upset of a top ten team at home? I'm going with 45%. I think it'll be close. They've split their games the last two years (home team winning). So long as Illinois plays physical they should stay in it until the end. Hopefully Maniscalco and Griffey play zero minutes.

Agreed, unfortunately Sam will most likely play a ton again. The Illini are 0-3 since he's come back from injury. Coincidence? I don't think so....

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
So, chances Illinois pulls off another upset of a top ten team at home? I'm going with 45%. I think it'll be close. They've split their games the last two years (home team winning). So long as Illinois plays physical they should stay in it until the end. Hopefully Maniscalco and Griffey play zero minutes.

If the Illini do win, it's almost a guarantee that they will then lose to the Kitty Kats this weekend.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 09:55 AM)
Agreed, unfortunately Sam will most likely play a ton again. The Illini are 0-3 since he's come back from injury. Coincidence? I don't think so....

He's not nearly 100%. Bruce needs to treat the situation as such. He's not as explosive as he used to be.

I think we lose and the season goes more or less down the drain and s*** really starts to hit the fan. Sure hope I'm wrong.

At least A Section people who always wear blue will fit in tonight.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
He's not nearly 100%. Bruce needs to treat the situation as such. He's not as explosive as he used to be.

I think we lose and the season goes more or less down the drain and s*** really starts to hit the fan. Sure hope I'm wrong.

At least A Section people who always wear blue will fit in tonight.

Unless they hit the sweet 16 or show some real improvement I think Weber's gone. It's gotten to the point where even Weber apologists like Tate are starting to actively talk about him being on the hot seat.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
Unless they hit the sweet 16 or show some real improvement I think Weber's gone. It's gotten to the point where even Weber apologists like Tate are starting to actively talk about him being on the hot seat.

It even got brought up in the Sun-Times today. Once the Chicago media cares enough, then it's getting serious.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 03:10 AM)
In what way? I haven't gotten that at all.

Just another Illini fan being paranoid. Notice only one comment about the refs tonight? :) They've been awful against the Spartans.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
Illinois did everything they could to try to let MSU win, fortunately that layup came up short.

Weber, you live another day.

Spartans better hope Draymond is ok. They won't win many games the rest of the way if he's out.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
In what way? I haven't gotten that at all.

I missed most of the game, but caught the last 5 minutes or so and he called the Henry carry violation "a great call". I mean, it's a carry violation. I don't know what was so special about it. And when Brandon Paul got fouled at the end he said Paul was lucky to get the call as it was happening. Maybe it's true, but I didn't hear him say things about the Spartans.

And how is it paranoia? It was just a question/observation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Just ironic cause Tirico could not have been a big supporter of Illinois in the game against Ohio St.

Some Illini fans are ridiculous (I like to think they are the Cubs fan portion :P ) but I think the population of them as a whole get bashed on here pretty badly.