2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
6-0 run and the ball when it should have gone the other way

Well, on the Illini possession immediately following that, Maniscalco was out of bounds when he saved it and Illinois scored, so that's square, I guess.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
LOL serves Leonard right. My twitter feed blew up saying Leonard pushed Zeller during the timeout on the way back to the bench and the refs had to talk to Leonard before play resumed... Next play? Zeller and one plus an elbow to Meyers face.

Didn't see that, but Leonard did looked pissed.

That's the first missed free throw for EITHER team.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Didn't see that, but Leonard did looked pissed.

It was evidently during commercial break. The reporters at the game blew up my twitter feed saying lLeonard was WAY out of line....

and there Meyers goes again.. he's lost it! Cody zeller is amazing

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
IU is going to shoot over 30 FTs probably. I knew it would be bad, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to be THIS bad.

Indiana is driving it everytime, while the Illini settle for jumpshots with a beast in the middle... what do you think is going to happen?

Dumb foul by Zeller. That's his 3rd.

Also, what's the rule with that Sheehey out of bounds play? The Illini player clearly didn't mean to take his feet out from under him, but he did anyway.

Wow, dumb move by Leonard, that was right in front of the official, and it's his 4th.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Lol, refs have lost control

You're not complaining about that Leonard call are you? He clearly moved on the screen, and it was right in front of the ref. That'll get called every time. Pritchard (or Sheehey, couldn't see which) did the same thing on the next possession.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
Indiana is driving it everytime, while the Illini settle for jumpshots with a beast in the middle... what do you think is going to happen?

I didn't think they would this many more FTs. I realize that Illinois is a jumpshooting team and IU is driving more, thus I expected IU to shoot more FTs, but the discrepancy is a little more than I expected. Meh, life on the road in B1G.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Wow, I just tuned in, saw 1 terrible no call, one tolerable call, then a bad actual call.

Typical big ten... let them play to start, then it got chippy, so now any contact is potentially a foul with no consistency. The foul on Leonard was s***, and the next trip down the floor on Indiana set a good hard pick and it was called