Milledge DFA

justBLAZE

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)
And get picked off of 2nd in a huge moment of a baseball game.

Yeah Lilly is an idiot. His only redeeming quality on the basepaths is that he is fast. I hope he doesn't cost us too many more outs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
We have to have at least one back up OF who can actually catch the ball. Seeing as Teahen isn't going anywhere, it has to be Milledge. Plus no one else can play CF.

I'm pretty sure Lillibridge can, and after what apparently happened with Milledge in the field... I don't really know if you want him in center. I haven't yet had a chance to watch a game, so I'm not entirely sure myself.

Still don't like the move.

This really sucks. I had high hopes for Milledge in a White Sox uniform. I love stories of redemption and I love when people prove all of the doubters wrong. Getting DFAd means that the other 29 teams will get a crack at him, right? I hope he comes back. If not, then good luck and I hope he mashes wherever he goes.

I just really don't get this from a baseball perspective. The White Sox of the past 3-4 seasons have historically stunk against left-handers. Lastings had a .926 OPS against them last season, with a near .800 career mark in 500 at bats vs lefties.

He was exactly what this team has craved and needed for quite some time off the bench, a lefty killer who can sub in in the outfield and at DH.

It's just quite silly to release him in order to keep Brent freaking Lillibridge. OR all-in and sack up and release Teahen's worthless ass.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
So can we expect anything out of Jeff Gray? Better or worse than Senor Pena?

No he's awful. The only way he is in the game is if we are losing by a ton or up by a ton or out of pitchers.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
I just really don't get this from a baseball perspective. The White Sox of the past 3-4 seasons have historically stunk against left-handers. Lastings had a .926 OPS against them last season, with a near .800 career mark in 500 at bats vs lefties.

He was exactly what this team has craved and needed for quite some time off the bench, a lefty killer who can sub in in the outfield and at DH.

It's just quite silly to release him in order to keep Brent freaking Lillibridge. OR all-in and sack up and release Teahen's worthless ass.

There could be another story behind this, but who knows. All I know is that it's another blow to my already waning faith in the 2011 team.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
There could be another story behind this, but who knows. All I know is that it's another blow to my already waning faith in the 2011 team.

Man I hope that the team doesn't see that you are losing faith in them. They could become sad.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
I'm wondering if there is a story behind the story. I know he sucked in LF yesterday, but they watched him play all spring.

I'm guessing it is a comination of Milledge having an option, most likely to not be claimed, doesn't play CF, isn't the best speedster, and we really need another pitcher.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm guessing it is a comination of Milledge having an option, most likely to not be claimed, doesn't play CF, isn't the best speedster, and we really need another pitcher.

NO WAY he makes through waivers. I'm already seeing all kinds of fans happy as hell hoping that their teams pick him up.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
Why don't you stick to discussing the team instead of insulting me.

Your doom and gloom approach has probably offended him. I know it offends me when we haven't even played a home game yet!

Come on, man! Keep the faith.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
If teams really thought that much of him, he wouldn't have been there to sign a minor league deal with us. Teams are scared of his "problems".

If Milledge makes it through waivers, I'll let TRU pick my avatar and wear it for TWO months!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Your doom and gloom approach has probably offended him. I know it offends me when we haven't even played a home game yet!

Come on, man! Keep the faith.

Keeping the faith is basically a Cubs mentality. I need to see the play on the field and the correct decisions made by the front office and managing staff.