Milledge DFA

justBLAZE

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
Will be interesting to see whose playing time gets cut into...

Viciedo, Gartrell, De Aza, Danks, Milledge...

Somebody could be demoted to Birmingham. Danks maybe? Escobar perhaps? B'ham is sitting with 23 active as of right now. Somebody will have to leave Charlotte to make room for Milledge.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
Somebody could be demoted to Birmingham. Danks maybe? Escobar perhaps? B'ham is sitting with 23 active as of right now. Somebody will have to leave Charlotte to make room for Milledge.

Escobar?? Not unless one of those outfielders can play SS.

I could see Gallagher getting sent down and moving Viciedo to 1B.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
Will be interesting to see whose playing time gets cut into...

Viciedo, Gartrell, De Aza, Danks, Milledge...

Between the 3 OF spots and DH, they can pretty much just rotate. Someone sits every 5th day. They all should be getting regular at bats and some kind of rotation like that would allow it.

Does DeAza legitimately have more of a future than Danks? I suppose that Danks would actually see better arms/stuff in AA, who knows?

Not so sure about that. If anyone will suffer in PT, I would guess it would be Gartrell. Not that he deserves it, based on his accomplishments the last couple of seasons versus Danks, but I would be hard-pressed to believe the organization would consider him to be a possible replacement for Quentin.

The writing is seemingly already on the wall with his older brother not having a future with the organization unless something miraculous and precedent-setting happens with Reinsdorf, but from an outsider's viewpoint, there's no reason to believe the "kinship" between Danks and Reinsdorf comes close to the ones with Konerko and Buehrle.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Does DeAza legitimately have more of a future than Danks? I suppose that Danks would actually see better arms/stuff in AA, who knows?

Not so sure about that. If anyone will suffer in PT, I would guess it would be Gartrell. Not that he deserves it, based on his accomplishments the last couple of seasons versus Danks, but I would be hard-pressed to believe the organization would consider him to be a possible replacement for Quentin.

The writing is seemingly already on the wall with his older brother not having a future with the organization unless something miraculous and precedent-setting happens with Reinsdorf, but from an outsider's viewpoint, there's no reason to believe the "kinship" between Danks and Reinsdorf comes close to the ones with Konerko and Buehrle.

I think De Aza has a brighter future in the MLB, and that might simply be as a 40-man callup or 6th outfielder. I want him the freshest against comparable MLB arms. He will see that at AAA.

Quite frankly, I would like to see Danks demoted to AA. I think he was rushed to AAA and his bat has never been there. It'd also serve as a bit of a wakeup call to him to either get his s*** together or he'll become minor league fodder pretty damn quickly.