Should Sox hit Felipe with pitch or not Sunday?

greg775

If you hit Felipe with a pitch, the Sox starting pitcher is ejected immediately.

AJ already stood up for Sale and the Sox. AJ spoke up.

Why have your pitcher hit the guy and immediately get tossed? I mean AJ the stud he is, already took care of it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
I would rather just win the f***ing game.

I agree. A bat flip doesn't really get me all that worked up. Let's just play and win. Three out of four makes a bigger statement than a bean ball.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
No need to wake Tampa up at this point. At 1-7 they don't need a reason to get sparked tomorrow.

wow,just saw the replay. i disagree, they absolutely have to do something. what, i dont know, but something. i wouldnt let him get away with that

I'd say it depends on whether the umps warn the teams before the game or not. This would normally be an easy "No" for me but I'm tired of our team getting bullied the last couple of years and Lopez deserves to be hit for being a f***in moron. That being said, if the teams are warned before hand, we can't afford to have Gavin tossed early and go to our pen for a great number of innings.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
wow,just saw the replay. i disagree, they absolutely have to do something. what, i dont know, but something. i wouldnt let him get away with that

Just saw the replay and and is that Dave Martinez looking like Osama Bin Laden at the .44 second mark.

I don't care about retribution for that. Win again tomorrow. If we're up by a bunch and have a chance to buzz him...go for it....but it has to be the right situation. AJ did enough for me.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13612241

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
I'd say it depends on whether the umps warn the teams before the game or not. This would normally be an easy "No" for me but I'm tired of our team getting bullied the last couple of years and Lopez deserves to be hit for being a f***in moron. That being said, if the teams are warned before hand, we can't afford to have Gavin tossed early and go to our pen for a great number of innings.

The trouble with that is , haven't we seen umps toss pitchers without warnings before ?

Yes, bean his ass. Lopez is looking right at Sale as he begins to fling his bat. That takes away any doubt I might of it being accidental.

All we ever hear is how the Sox are tired of being hit by pitches. Well either step up and plunk Lopez tomorrow or stop being whiny b****es about it.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Just saw the replay and and is that Dave Martinez looking like Osama Bin Laden at the .44 second mark.

I don't care about retribution for that. Win again tomorrow. If we're up by a bunch and have a chance to buzz him...go for it....but it has to be the right situation. AJ did enough for me.

i dont know,im just tired of teams being able to do whatever they want to the sox and the sox never retaliating or doing anything about it

but yes,lets just win

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)

I would agree with this. If a situation comes up tomorrow with the Sox up or down 3+ and there are two out none on...by all means, plunk him. But if that situation never comes up, then I let it go. We'll play them again.