White Sox vs Tampa Bay game thread 4-10-11

justBLAZE

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Beckham did not have 6 RBI last year until May 9. Gordon did not hit his 2nd home run on the season in 2010 until June 25.

I haven't seen him take one of those god awful off-balanced swings he took last year. Every swing is compact and dangerous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
I haven't seen him take one of those god awful off-balanced swings he took last year. Every swing is compact and dangerous.

If you've been watching, he's totally repositioned his hands and feet compared to last year, and it's moved in a way that I think forces him to keep the shoulder closed rather than pulling open. He still has the big knee-up step timing bit in there, but he's got his shoulder and hands moving in the correct direction every time now.

I assume someone will tell me how this overhaul means Greg Walker deserves fired shortly.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Gavin should thank the guys behind him for that quick inning.

EDIT: Doh.

Considering the same guys came back and hit HR in the bottom half of that inning, perhaps he should take them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
If you've been watching, he's totally repositioned his hands and feet compared to last year, and it's moved in a way that I think forces him to keep the shoulder closed rather than pulling open. He still has the big knee-up step timing bit in there, but he's got his shoulder and hands moving in the correct direction every time now.

I assume someone will tell me how this overhaul means Greg Walker deserves fired shortly.

Greg Walker deserves to be fired.

There, I did it for ya.