Pena for Closer?

Pants Rowland

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Pena looked great today and the defense really seemed to respond with him on the mound. With Thornton's struggles and Pena's lights out performance today, should he be the new closer? Discuss.

Absolutely. Oh, and what's with Floyd giving up 4 hits? Dude needs to turn it on or he's not gonna make it.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
Pena looked great today and the defense really seemed to respond with him on the mound. With Thornton's struggles and Pena's lights out performance today, should he be the new closer? Discuss.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, no chance.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
I really like how many people are still taking it quite seriously when the cat is already out of the bag.

He was being sarcastic? Then he still fails. Don't jam up the board with worthless threads. That s*** annoys the hell out of me. Could've gone right to the White Sox winner thread and padded his post-count if it was that important to him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
I really like how many people are still taking it quite seriously when the cat is already out of the bag.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
He was being sarcastic? Then he still fails. Don't jam up the board with worthless threads. That s*** annoys the hell out of me. Could've gone right to the White Sox winner thread and padded his post-count if it was that important to him.

I couldn't care less about post counts and I really question whether this board is any more jammed up with worthless threads now that this one has hit its second page. Also funny that you seemed to initially get it but now get annoyed over something so harmless. It would have been shuffled well down the thread queue if people didn't really act like this around here. This place has been over the top with overreaction through the offseason and a week or so into the season as well. Maybe you shouldn't post in it again to make sure it goes away as quickly as possible and doesn't annoy you any more.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
I couldn't care less about post counts and I really question whether this board is any more jammed up with worthless threads now that this one has hit its second page. Also funny that you seemed to initially get it but now get annoyed over something so harmless. It would have been shuffled well down the thread queue if people didn't really act like this around here. This place has been over the top with overreaction through the offseason and a week or so into the season as well. Maybe you shouldn't post in it again to make sure it goes away as quickly as possible and doesn't annoy you any more.

Yeah, my fault. Ain't a big deal.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
This place has been over the top with overreaction through the offseason and a week or so into the season as well.

Get's that way sometimes...wouldn't get too worked up about it. I take it you've never been to the Scout Illinois basketball board? You want over the top...WACK jobs over there. Plus the mods are facists with god complexes. I appreciate passion...and this board certainly has it. Game threads seem like a Sybil remakes sometimes....it's GREAT!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:34 AM)

I knew it was sarcasm rite away. Nobody in their right mind can be high on Pena right now. Though nice job today for sure. Keep it up.

I actually kind of liked him as a starter last year.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
I believe before all is said and done, Santos will become our closer.

This is very possible. I have noticed some analysts making comments on how Santos has three plus pitches. How many closers can say that?