April 11th Game Thread White Sox versus Athletics

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to post that, he's looking damn good tonight

Honestly, I'm perfectly optomistic about this pen; IMO way too early to worry and some of the guys are looking pretty good; the rest still haven't put in enough time to get me really worried yet (yes, including Uh-Ohman). I'm just worried about Thorton with this transition.

EDIT: Oh, look at that... I suck. Game pretty much over.

Edited by TheBigHurt

How come every year this roster gets tight ass when there's even the slightest sense of urgency or adversity? Games against the twins last year, now just a f***ing save situation or close 9th inning game. It's bulls***

It's games like this is why we'll most likely lose the division again this year. And for me it's 100% on Ozzie. I'll say it again. The Twins do NOT lose ONE GAME in this fashion this year, where the managerial choices made could not have been worse

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:37 AM)
How come every year this roster gets tight ass when there's even the slightest sense of urgency or adversity? Games against the twins last year, now just a f***ing save situation or close 9th inning game. It's bulls***

Well for one, we tried to force a career set-up man into a closer. Not many experts actually thought it would work. At least we're wasting Sale in the pen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
I will place a hex on anyone that gets on me for calling JP out for the worthless trash he is ever again. I was really enjoying this game until he decided that winning this game would be a bad thing.

I guess Suzuki sucks too for allowing the wind to move Alexei's foul ball away from his glove.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
No one is hitting his curve, and then Castro wants the heat.

This. I told my son about 30 seconds before he hit it that ding dong was gonna call for a fastball.

Goddamn....