White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
I expected a lot more than this.

This is really the worst attendance Ive ever seen and its on the heels of the Sox spending a ton of money. Ive gone to a ton of April games, and this year its just way worse (so far). I dont know, its just seems a lot worse (maybe statistics would say otherwise).

I have been to four games already and it is no worse than any other year. There are people in the upperdeck. There never was before.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
You can hope that the ownership is just going to blindly throw money at the team even with poor attendance, but that isnt what I believe.

You can make all the excuses you want, but plenty other teams are drawing 20k or so on weeknights.

I actually feel like Reinsdorf and the ownership may feel disrespected, they went out and got a good product, and people still dont show. Its just frustrating to watch the same thing every year.

The team MADE $27.1M last year according to Forbes. The Sox are one of the best run franchises from a financial standpoint in all of sports. I'm very thankful to JR for that.

You can quote Forbes all you want, but there are plenty of businesses that say: "We made $27mil, id rather make $50mil"

My guess is that there is a way to make 27mil per year by running out a team that costs $30mil, having 10k in attendance and getting money from MLB revenue sharing.

Say what you will, it seems different this year, I could be wrong, but it seems worse.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
You can quote Forbes all you want, but there are plenty of businesses that say: "We made $27mil, id rather make $50mil"

My guess is that there is a way to make 27mil per year by running out a team that costs $30mil, having 10k in attendance and getting money from MLB revenue sharing.

Say what you will, it seems different this year, I could be wrong, but it seems worse.

You're confusing payroll with wins.