White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeofChicago88 @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Isn't Bucknor #1 on the list of most hated umpires I read somewhere?

i remember reading,years back, a sports illustrated magazine with the players poll's and they voted him worst ump

As much as we struggle with the A's, with those 3 particular hitters up, you'd think we could at least get somebody on base.

Geez.

Weak ass ninth inning, White Sox sluggers.

All-In is sounding like a dumb slogan. 6-4 isn't all in, it's mediocrity.

im not confusing payroll with wins at all.

Run the average wins of teams with highest payroll, Yankees versus the team with one of the lowest payrolls, Pirates.

You can get away with not spending, but spending money, makes winning a lot easier. There is a reason why every other professional sport prevents teams from excessively spending, and its not because the teams who are spending lose more often...

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Just feels like we're waiting for the inevitable A's solo homer. Need to get Lillibridge an at bat somehow!

I know that's what i'm waiting for, most likely with two outs after our pitcher looks good for the first two hitters of the inning. Well that, or absolute implosion.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
How do the A's ever lose with that bullpen. 1 run in 10+ innings in this series thus far.

Konerko and Quentin 0-9.

Blevins threw less pitches in 2.1 innings than horses*** pena threw in one.

shows how dreadful their lineup is, what great pitching they have

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
im not confusing payroll with wins at all.

Run the average wins of teams with highest payroll, Yankees versus the team with one of the lowest payrolls, Pirates.

You can get away with not spending, but spending money, makes winning a lot easier. There is a reason why every other professional sport prevents teams from excessively spending, and its not because the teams who are spending lose more often...

We have a grand total of 1 postseason victory in our 5 post-World Series big spending years.