2005 title the only one in the last 15 years "untainted'

southsider2k5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
I refuse to believe that A-row wasnt juicing at some point.

A good friend of mine caddied for Chris Riley a few years back at the BMW and somehow the White Sox came up during the round and pretty much said that Rowand was a juicer for sure. I believe they were friends or something. I know completely random story..but your belief even without the obvious physical tells has some merit in my book.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
A good friend of mine caddied for Chris Riley a few years back at the BMW and somehow the White Sox came up during the round and pretty much said that Rowand was a juicer for sure. I believe they were friends or something. I know completely random story..but your belief even without the obvious physical tells has some merit in my book.

They must have been real good friends.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
I remember saying that Rowand was an obvious juicer years ago and Steff tearing me a new one because there was just no way it was possible.

Well seeing as to easily 75% of the fanbase think you're some godless commie if you even hint at the fact that Aaron Rowand wasn't very good, this doesn't surprise me.

The Red Sox titles are extremely tainted, since their main two hitters have been accused of roids. Yankees too with A-Rod. At least none of our major contributors from '05 have been caught or mentioned in any reports. Rowand is speculation at this point.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
The Red Sox titles are extremely tainted, since their main two hitters have been accused of roids. Yankees too with A-Rod. At least none of our major contributors from '05 have been caught or mentioned in any reports. Rowand is speculation at this point.

I mean, from the bullpen people who've been mentioned as roiding...none of them seem to correlate with really good years.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
I mean, from the bullpen people who've been mentioned as roiding...none of them seem to correlate with really good years.

Plus guys in the pen have such volitile numbers from year to year anyway. Thing about it, giving up a grand slam adds half of a run to your era for an entire season. It is impossible to tell. Hitters power stats aren't as volitile in general.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
I remember saying that Rowand was an obvious juicer years ago and Steff tearing me a new one because there was just no way it was possible.

Her defense of Rowand had something to do with him being a great guy with a great family. Solid stuff.

I think I mentioned Manny Ramirez as a suspect in the same thread and was shouted down. Damn search feature.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Her defense of Rowand had something to do with him being a great guy with a great family. Solid stuff.

I think I mentioned Manny Ramirez as a suspect in the same thread and was shouted down. Damn search feature.

Use Google advanced search.

OK - I went down the rabbit hole for a little while with the google advanced search. And now I forget what I read about the roids issue (was a pretty hot topic a few years ago), but I didn't make a Manny alegation that I was able to find. Milkman and Steff did have a little fight in regard to ARow. Started slow, ended with Steff calling Milkman a douche. I will have to remember not to use google adv search again as it would lead to hours of unproductivity.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)

I don't think he did, but it is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. Everyone has to be looked at with a skeptical eye, and that's unfortunate. But that's what happens when steroids hits a game like it did baseball.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
OK - I went down the rabbit hole for a little while with the google advanced search. And now I forget what I read about the roids issue (was a pretty hot topic a few years ago), but I didn't make a Manny alegation that I was able to find. Milkman and Steff did have a little fight in regard to ARow. Started slow, ended with Steff calling Milkman a douche. I will have to remember not to use google adv search again as it would lead to hours of unproductivity.

Clearly I lost that argument.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't think he did, but it is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. Everyone has to be looked at with a skeptical eye, and that's unfortunate. But that's what happens when steroids hits a game like it did baseball.

I honestly think there's no way he didn't.