White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame MT here, he was put in a s***ty situation, and didn't give up anything hard. I don't blame Sale either, considering he's a reliever who pitched 2 innings last night and he's being put back in on a day game against RH's. Crain I blame some for the walk.

This is about 90% Ozzie for me.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
couldnt disagree more...you say publicly the guy is your closer....so f***ing use him as your closer, not a rookie who pitched 2 innings 18 hours ago

I have no idea why Crain didn't start that inning.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm as frustrated as anybody but to hand a pitcher bases loaded, one out and the RBI single is a bloop after he got two guys out... not going to pile on Thornton for this one.

Sale with three straights hits allowed opened the door-not Thorton with a bloop hit allowed. We have seen enough of those too and that's just the breaks

Edited by elrockinMT

I think people are overreacting about Ozzie. I DO believe he made a bad move but he really doesn't have much to work with right now. But hilariously enough, the one guy who probably should have taken the mound in the 9th was the one guy Ozzie seems to not want to use.

Ozzie really is a clueless manager... and yet he STILL gets a bit more blame than he even deserves... which is pretty sad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
I have no idea why Crain didn't start that inning.

the biggest thing is that ozzie comes out and says thornton is his closer in public, then deflates the guys confidence putting sale out there, then puts him in an impossible situation in which the likelihood of failing is high....its awful managing

So you're just guessing what happened then. Gotcha.

With you're logic why don't you praise Chris Sale for leaving the game with a hold?

Dude, it wouldn't be Soxtalk if numerous people who are supposedly intelligent didn't base their arguments/logic on guessing and/or assumptions.