White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
i agree w/this - let Matt get his confidence back. And maybe learn an effective secondary pitch. They're just sitting dead red.

At age 33 or 34? In the middle of the season???

I don't think that's possible. They tried with Poreda and that didn't take. Heck, they tried with Masset and Sisco, to an extent.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
And I get that. It just seems that, right now, it doesn't matter WHO Ozzie uses, they find a way to blow it, regardless of situation, regardless of anything.

All of you are simply second guessing whoever Ozzie picks, they blow the game, and you ASSUME that if he had picked ANYONE else, it'd be different...kinda like how that other retard accused me of having nothing but inept opinions because I base on them on assumptions?

I've never seen a stupider post from anyone on this board...

Check the board, this is second guessing at all. Thornton for Buehrle and using Sale today were criticized well before the implosion took place.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
You are the stupidest poster on this board.

I DO read your posts thoroughly, you simply make DIFFERENT assumptions than I do, thus you're awesome and I'm inept?

f*** you, dickbag.

easy fellas

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Make Santos the closer in about 5 minutes. Have Crain and Sale your set-up men, and use Thornton in the 7th inning for now.

That's it. That's really all the Sox can do.

By the way, in the old days today would have been a complete game easy win, as would

Mark's the other day.

It's simply absurd this pitch count crap.

Eight innings of greatness, then you have to take the guy out lest you ruin his arm.

Utter crap.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
easy fellas

Sorry, I don't appreciate my opinions being called inept, simply because a person disagrees with me. Thus he gets called what he is, and what he's acting like.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
You are the stupidest poster on this board.

I DO read your posts thoroughly, you simply make DIFFERENT assumptions than I do, thus you're awesome and I'm inept?

f*** you, dickbag.

I don't think anybody ever called me a dickbag even when I incensed posters big time.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
"I said that logically Crain or Sale would have been a better choice."

That's a true statement, not an assumption. Again, it seems you have a hard time with basic reading comprehension.

Continue to base ALL your arguments on what you assume and ENTIRELY ignoring ANY logic offered on said matter and call ME stupid.

Nice ad hominem attack, too. I see I'm trying to reason with a child, now.

No, it's not a true statement, it's an opinion. Idiot. And this shows how much of an idiot you are.

You don't know fact from opinion.

QUOTE (Wedge @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
I may not have done so here, but I definitely first guessed losing Jenks.

Jenks was terrible last year and his WHIP and ERA had gotten worse for 3 straight seasons. The only positive sign at all for him was that his K rate was up lst year from the previous 2 seasons. I don't fault the Sox at all for not bringing him back especially at that salary.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
That's it. That's really all the Sox can do.

By the way, in the old days today would have been a complete game easy win, as would

Mark's the other day.

It's simply absurd this pitch count crap.

Eight innings of greatness, then you have to take the guy out lest you ruin his arm.

Utter crap.

COMPLETELY agree. But hey...our starters will be well rested come August...but we'll be 10 games back. No biggie.