White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Yes, because you know for a fact that had someone else been put in in the first place, things would have happened the same way, right? You go with what is most logical at the TIME, second guessing what would have been the right move at the time is foolish. Your logic is ridiculous.

So far EVERY argument I have seen from you on any subject is based entirely on assumption, which makes your opinions inept, quite frankly.

Um, ALL second guessing is done via assumption, just as every last one of yours are. You simply ASSUME that using Thornton off the bat, instead of Sale, results in a successful outing. See how that works, you jackass?

Which makes your opinions inept, and f***ing retarded, quite frankly.

Each and every season, every major league team has to respond to unforeseen challenges that come up during the first part of the season. Those that respond well and weather the storm are usually those set to go far.

The White Sox in 2010 dug themselves a huge hole by unexpectedly not being able to hit - at a severe outlier of a clip. The hole they dug ended up not being too deep, but it took them a while to correct it.

In 2011, it appears the bullpen is the issue, and it also appears to be a severe one. How they respond will determine the season, but I hardly think anyone can predict the entire season on April 13th.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

So why are neither Bobby Jenks nor JJ Putz on this roster? Somebody f***ed that up.

I still don't and never will regret getting rid of Jenks. I'm not gonna second guess it just because Thornton has somehow fallen off the platform. Again, this second-guessing stuff is asinine.

As far as J.J. he just decided to take a more hefty sum from a team that could end up finishing in last place this year.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
What do you even do at this point?

I can't recall having this bad a problem in recent history.

Make Santos the closer in about 5 minutes. Have Crain and Sale your set-up men, and use Thornton in the 7th inning for now.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Um, ALL second guessing is done via assumption, just as every last one of yours are. You simply ASSUME that using Thornton off the bat, instead of Sale, results in a successful outing. See how that works, you jackass?

All that matters is the f***ing result.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
I still don't and never will regret getting rid of Jenks. I'm not gonna second guess it just because Thornton has somehow fallen off the platform. Again, this second-guessing stuff is asinine.

As far as J.J. he just decided to take a more hefty sum from a team that could end up finishing in last place this year.

I may not have done so here, but I definitely first guessed losing Jenks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Make Santos the closer in about 5 minutes. Have Crain and Sale your set-up men, and use Thornton in the 7th inning for now.

i agree w/this - let Matt get his confidence back. And maybe learn an effective secondary pitch. They're just sitting dead red.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
And by July, we have 5 starters on the DL for dead arm, because it doesn't matter who we try to use out of the pen, they fail.

Yep, two arms saved and two loses.

It sure seems like all of YOURS are. "Well, if Ozzie woulda done so-and-so, everybody would have..."

GTFO with that nonsense.

Clearly you're not reading my posts thoroughly. I didn't assume anything, I said logically starting Crain or Santos that inning would have been more logical. If whichever of those 2 would have come out and failed, I would have said they failed, not that it was Ozzie's fault. Since you're coming out here and shoving words down everyone's throats despite this, it makes you look ignorant because somehow you think you can generalize anything you see fit to say.

Stop basing EVERY damn thing you ever say on this board on an assumption, would you?

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Even if the Sox had the worst bullpen in baseball, its still a statistical anomaly that they have given up this many runs in the 9th inning.

Eventually there will be a regression to the mean, its just annoying today.

I bet that's what Arizona thought last year :lolhitting

This is purely mental right now with them. I'm so freaking disappointed in Thornton. At this point, you hope his contract extension isn't a waste of money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
All that matters is the f***ing result.

And I get that. It just seems that, right now, it doesn't matter WHO Ozzie uses, they find a way to blow it, regardless of situation, regardless of anything.

All of you are simply second guessing whoever Ozzie picks, they blow the game, and you ASSUME that if he had picked ANYONE else, it'd be different...kinda like how that other retard accused me of having nothing but inept opinions because I base on them on assumptions?

I've never seen a stupider post from anyone on this board...

Yes, BigHurt, my opinions are inept because I base them on assumptions...but yours aren't, because you...oh wait, you base them on DIFFERENT ASSUMPTIONS.

Twit.